Naperville Favorites

• Favorites
  • St Patrick himself leading the parade in downtown
    St Patrick himself leading the parade in...
    Naperville's Own Leprechaun Mayor Pradel

Best Rated Favorites in Naperville

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Naperville Loves to Have Parades

by riorich55 Written Mar 15, 2008

Favorite thing: There are always parades going on in downtown Naperville. The latest one was the St Patrick's Day Parade which is probably the largest one in the Western Suburbs. Here are some pictures from 2008's Parade.

Fondest memory: I've lived here almost 30 years and have seen the city grow from 40,000 people to 140,000. The downtown is incredibly vibrant with all the shopping, restaurants, and site seeing you could easily spend a couple of days here and not see everything.

St Patrick himself leading the parade in downtown Naperville's Own Leprechaun Mayor Pradel This Parade is Going to the Dogs The Irish Band All Ages at the Parade

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Typical Naperville Subdivision

by riorich55 Written Dec 28, 2012

Favorite thing: We have lived in Naperville since 1979. When my wife and I moved here from Peoria we had been married for 3 years and had no children. We bought a 3 bedroom home and both started new jobs. Sue is still at the same job, while I have had a number of different ones over the past 30 something years. Flash forward to 1987 and 4 children later we had outgrown that 3 bedroom home and thus built a new home about 5 miles farther south, but still in Naperville. We still live in that home today having raised our family here.

Naperville is a town that has been around since 1831 and was actually incorporated before the City of Chicago. When we moved to town there were about 40,000 people. We now have close to 150,000 and are the 5th largest city in Illinois.

A lot of the town has a number of subdivisions. Playing with my new camera and its 180 and 360 shots, I took one from the front of my house looking down the circle street both ways. This is a very typical subdivision. These are not the most expensive homes in Naperville, nor are they the least expensive. Actually they are probably right in the middle.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

It's all about animals ...

by shrimp56 Written Jun 18, 2004

Favorite thing: The city has a penchant for decorating statues of animals. This year it is farm animals, appropriately, as Naperville was originally a small sleepy farming town on the east fork of the Dupage River!

baaaaaaaa ... humbug!

Instant Answers: Naperville

Comments

Naperville Favorites

Reviews and photos of Naperville favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Naperville sightseeing.