Oak Brook Travel Guide

Oak Brook Hotels

Oak Brook Restaurants

• Dabs's Profile Photo

McCormick & Schmick's: Suburban location of Chicago seafood...

by Dabs Written Oct 7, 2007

My 1st visit to McCormick & Schmick's was to one of the downtown Chicago locations and I was pretty underwhelmed, it was expensive for dinner and quite honestly the food didn't wow me. But I decided to give them another chance and met a friend for lunch at their suburban Oak Brook location.

The lunch prices are a lot more reasonable than the dinner prices and while they don't seem to have a lot of shellfish offerings there are lots of sandwich, fish and oyster options on the lunch menu.

At noon on Sunday, there were lots of open tables but maybe that's because it was a 90 degree day in October and everyone was outside enjoying the last vestiges of summer.

Favorite Dish: We started with an order of fried calamari with 3 dipping sauces, the calamari was perfectly prepared, not overly fried and with a perfect texture.

My entree was steelhead with a horseradish crust and delicious sauce, I had never heard of steelhead before but it tasted a lot like salmon. It came with asparagus and mashed potatoes but I was too full to try more than a bite.

They came by with a dessert tray but I resisted, tempting as the options were.

Instant Answers: Oak Brook

Comments

Oak Brook Travel Guide
Map of Oak Brook