Palestine Shopping

The Rocking Horse LTD
  • Teapot I Purchased At The Rocking Horse LTD
    Teapot I Purchased At The Rocking Horse...
    Inside The Rocking Horse LTD

Most Recent Shopping in Palestine

• deecat's Profile Photo

Pioneer Winery: For Wine Lovers

by deecat Updated May 29, 2008

Pioneer Winery

The Pioneer Winery is a family-owned winery that sells grape and fruit wines that are produced and bottled locally. In the store, they feature wine tasting, wine sales, and gift baskets. You can see a range of wines from Chardonet to "Moonlight on the Wabash" Muscadine Wine. But their specialty is Pioneer Pride", a traditional Midwest Concord wine [sweet].

This winery was established in 2003. They are part of the Wabash Valley Wine Trail.

This winery is the host for the Wabash Valley Wine & Arts Festival, which is held each year on the 1st weekend in October. At this festival, there are about 12 Illinois Wineries, several local food vendors, lots of artists, and a number of musical groups.

When in Palestine, Illinois, be sure to check out The Pioneer Winery. An added bonus is the lovely architecture of the building!

• Architecture
    • Wine Tasting

• deecat's Profile Photo

The Rocking Horse LTD.: For an Unique Shopping Experience...

by deecat Updated May 28, 2008

Teapot I Purchased At The Rocking Horse LTD

My sister and I visited The Rocking Horse LTD for the second time. The first time was about seven years ago. At that time, the Main Street of Palestine was just getting started with its revitalization, and this store was one of the first to "take a change" in such a small town.

The merchandise really impressed me, and I purchased a lovely Tea Pot [See Photo #1] for my collection above my kitchen cabinets. I also purchased a very patriotic hanging banner for my sister.

This time, my sister purchased [See Photo #3] darling letter magnets that spelled out her great grand daughter's name along with colorful small magnets of butterflies, flowers, etc. [It's for her birthday] I bought a few small items to give as gifts.

This store is "loaded" with unique gifts, lots of collectibles, things to buy for the garden, teddy bears, and beautiful gifts for the home. There are about three rooms in the store, and all the merchandise is top quality and displayed in a very lovely manner. When in Palestine, Illinois, be sure to visit The Rocking Horse LTD.

• Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Palestine

Comments

Palestine Shopping

Reviews and photos of Palestine shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Palestine sightseeing.