Robinson Shopping

• Candy, Antiques, Collectibles in Robinson
    Candy, Antiques, Collectibles in...
  • James Jones Display at The Next Chapter Bookstore
    James Jones Display at The Next Chapter...
  • Sister Ronda at The Next Chapter Bookstore
    Sister Ronda at The Next Chapter...

Most Recent Shopping in Robinson

Candy Antiques Collectibles: Antiques

Candy, Antiques, Collectibles in Robinson

Candy, Antiques, Collectibles is such a huge store that it takes time to peruse it. More than 20 different sellers are represented in this place. It has several rooms, and they are all jam-packed with items.

If you love antiques and collectibles, you will adore this store. Everthing is displayed tastefully, and the woman working that day was so friendly but never intrusive, which we appreciated.

I purchased an old post card, which I was glad to find.

As I looked around, I noted the prices, and they seemed quite reasonable.

Photo #1Window Display

Photo #2Window With Indication that Watkins Products are Carried Here.

Photo#3One of the Inside Rooms within Candy Antiques Collectibles

It was a pleasure to shop here.

Simple Elegance: Historic Building and Lovely Shop

Simple Elegance Shop in Robinson, IL

"Simple Elegance" is the perfect name for this shop. Everything displayed was so lovely and so elegant. I especially loved the Vera Bags that were displayed in the window and around the store. I think that the woman who owns the store does an excellent job with her displays. Your eye is drawn right to the product, and you immediately wish to examine it.

It is not over-crowded, which also adds to the appeal. The prices are more expensive than usual; however, they are of the finest quality. There was not one item within the store that I would not love to receive as a gift! [And that is saying a great deal because I'm usually "turned off" in many gift shops that I've visited!]

The store is located in a beautiful and historic building. I cannot emphasize enough how delight "Simple Elegance" really is.

Bits and Pieces: Beautiful Gifts and Jewelry

Bits & Pieces Store Window

We visited Bits and Pieces twice while in Robinson, Illinois. The owner, Lori Goble, is quite a lovely young woman. Interestingly, she takes care of her young boys in the shop.

I was most impressed with the caliber of jewelry that she carries. It is quite unique and fairly priced. The other gifts are also unique and within reason price wise.

Lori was most helpful while my sister was selecting a pair of sterling earrings that I was buying for her. Ironically, she selected the pair that I liked the best...silver and blue and light weight. I paid $14.00 plus tax for the earrings. Lori placed them in a box and then into a lovely bag...a nice touch and presentation.

Bits & Pieces is a good example of why I love to shop locally....unique items and excellent service, and in her case, darling children to look at and to talk to!

Magnolia's: Coffee & Gifts

Ronda Entering Magnolia's in Robinson, IL

The first store that I visited in Robinson was called "Magnolia's Coffee & Gifts" It is quite lovely with very unique gifts and jewelry. I was tempted to purchase several items for my garden; however, I decided not to travel with so much.

I wanted to purchase a piece of jewelry for my sister, but she was unable to make up her mind.

The only disappointment with the store had to do with the coffee. We both ordered Mocha's, but they were much too strong with coffee and not enough of the chocolate. I think that we were the first customers of the day so perhaps that explains it. However, I would not let that stop me from visiting Magnolia's Coffee & Gifts again.

Photographs:

#1My sister entering Magnolia's Coffee & Gifts.

#2Name of the shop prominently displayed on the door.

#3My sister at the table with her Mocha.

The Next Chapter Bookstore: Quaint Bookstore

James Jones Display at The Next Chapter Bookstore

My sister and I spent Saturday, May 17, 2008 visiting stores in my hometown of Robinson, Illinois. One of the places that I wanted to see wasthe The Next Chapter Bookstore. I'm certainly glad that I had that opportunity.

It's a little off the beaten path on South Cross, but well worth the effort to find it.

It's a very spacious space, and the merchandise is well displayed. There is not a large inventory; however, anything that you wish to purchase can be ordered for you.

I purchased the book from the Images of America series called, "Robinson and Crawford County" by Evelyn M. Wallace and Sue Jones. [photo #4].

I thought that it was appropriate to take a photo of the shelf offering the James Jones Books! [photo #1]

Photo #2 shows my sister Ronda standing at the counter.

Photo #3 is the store's window display.

Wherever I travel, I always make sure that I visit a bookstore [must be the English Teacher in me!]

Instant Answers: Robinson

Comments

Robinson Shopping

Reviews and photos of Robinson shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Robinson sightseeing.