Rolling Meadows Travel Guide

by kevinkr

Rolling Meadows Things to Do

• CalicoPenn's Profile Photo

by CalicoPenn Written Aug 19, 2003

A Historical Museum in a town not yet 50 years old? If you're in Rolling Meadows, the answer is yes! Now here in Rolling Meadows, we like to do things the hard way. With so many houses around, it would have been easy to convert one into a museum - but not us! We build a replica of a 1950's ranch house from scratch! The scary part? People saved such things as window casings and cabinetry from their homes after remodeling years before any thought was given to a museum and donated them to the historical society to build the house. As if they knew all along there would be a use for them someday! And I for one am glad they did cause this 2 bedroom wonder is a wonder to behold. If you grew up in the 60's and 70's, you'll recognize things in the house that your parents owned.

• Museum Visits

• by kevinkr Written Oct 4, 2002

Go to the Woodfield Mall or IKEA. You might also go to the bowling alley and knock a few pins down.
    This is our most distinguishing landmark (see the picture). Go to the mall, you'll feel better.

It's near the freeway.

• Rolling Meadows Hotels

4 Hotels in Rolling Meadows

175 Reviews and Opinions

Rolling Meadows Hotels

Rolling Meadows Restaurants

• CalicoPenn's Profile Photo

by CalicoPenn Written Aug 19, 2003

Don't let the location in a strip mall fool you. The food at this restaurant is authentic, filling, and tastes fabulous! Its not often that one speaks of a Chinese restaurant having a "down home" attitude but this one certainly does. There is a real down to earth friendliness about the staff, and just a downright overall simple goodness to the food. And the atmosphere is perfect for just relaxing with friends. These folks don't overload your senses with tacky decorations to convice you that you're in some kind of exotic restaurant. I give this restaurant a Four Chopstick rating.

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the Mongolian Chicken - chicken, green onions, and other stuff served with rice - (and let me tell you about the service - I hadn't had a chance to eat there in about 6 months and when I returned, the waitress asked me right away if I wanted the Mongolian Chicken - talk about a good memory). Everything else is quite delicious as well. Try the Teriyaki Beef appetizers with the sweet and sour sauce - mmm, mmm! No meal is complete without the small glass of Plum Wine at the end.

Instant Answers: Rolling Meadows

Comments

Rolling Meadows Travel Guide
Map of Rolling Meadows