Saint Charles Transportation

• Fox River from the bridge, downtown St Charles
    Fox River from the bridge, downtown St...
    by monica71

Best Rated Transportation in Saint Charles

• monica71's Profile Photo

Getting to St Charles

by monica71 Written Apr 11, 2008
    Fox River from the bridge, downtown St Charles

St Charles is located about 1 hour west of Chicago. The easiest way to get here is by driving. There is really no public transportation that takes you here from Chicago, and taxis are expensive. So if you want to explore St Charles and you do not have a car, it is a great idea to rent one for the day!

Here are some general directions on how to get here from Chicago, but for your own customized directions to St Charles it is always a great idea to visit www.mapquest.com :)

From Chicago/North, Milwaukee & Madison
    - I-90 to Rt. 59 (exit south) to Rt. 64
    - West on Rt. 64 to St. Charles

From Chicago/South
    - I-88 west to Rt. 59 (exit north)
    - to Rt. 64
    - West on Rt. 64 to St. Charles

• monica71's Profile Photo

Traveling Around St Charles

by monica71 Updated Apr 11, 2008

There is always a good idea to have your own transportation, especially if you live in suburbs :)
    If you are still saving for that car and if you need to go places in St Charles, there are not too many options for you, but there is still hope since PACE has 2 suburban buses that have stops in St Charles: the 801 and 802 routes.

The 801 route stops at Charlestowne Mall, Pheasant Run Resort, Geneva City Hall, Dominick's, Jewel, Kane County Fairgrounds, St. Charles City Hall, and a Little Store on Route 25.

The 802 route stops at the Geneva Metra station, Kane County Judicial Center, Dominick's, Jewel, Kane County Fairgrounds, St. Charles City Hall, Charlestowne Mall, Walmart and Pheasant Run.

I must admit I have not tried any one of them since I have a car, but if you do not have a car and you live in St Charles, go ahead, give them a try and let me know your experience! I've seen the buses around, but I was driving at the time and it was really hard to reach my camera and take a picture. I still have to go out there one day, sit on a bench downtown with my camera handy and take a shot of the buses when they come into town! Getting a picture of the buses may become my vendetta at one point :)

Instant Answers: Saint Charles

Comments

Saint Charles Transportation

Reviews and photos of Saint Charles transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Charles sightseeing.

View all Saint Charles hotels