Schaumburg Restaurants

Sal & Caravao in Winter
  • Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Schaumburg

• Marisola's Profile Photo

Sal & Caravao: For the Meat Eaters!

by Marisola Updated Apr 4, 2011

Sal & Caravao in Winter

This is a fairly new style of restaurant, where they serve all you can eat meat!!! If you're a carnivore, you'll love it here!!! You may start off with the salad bar, but save room, because there's a lot more to come!!! Nicely dressed waiters come around with skewers and skewers of fresh cuts of filets, sirloin, pork, chicken, lamb cooked the way you like it. You will have a card next to your plate to display "Yes," or "No," so you won't be bothered unless you're ready for more. Take as much as you want as they come by. And bring your appetite!

Favorite Dish: All of the food here is delicious! They have many wonderful types of steaks - prime rib, filet mignon, sirloins, and different styles of marinades. I enjoy them all, as well as the pork, lamb and chicken.
    The salad bar had some special items, including hearts of palm, taboule salad, artichoke hearts, portabella mushrooms, salmon, white rice, black beans, fresh mozzerella, as well as the regular salad fixings.
    They have a nice wine list, too, of wonderful reds to accompany red meat.
    Delicious desserts are available as well, if you are able.

• Business Travel

• Marisola's Profile Photo

Maggiano's: Wonderful Italian Chain!

by Marisola Written Feb 5, 2006

Winter at Maggiano's

All of your Italian favorites in a cozy setting. There are Maggiano's all over the country. If you're visiting check their website for locations.

Favorite Dish: I love veal at Italian restaurants. At Maggiano's there are many to choose from: veal stuffed ravioli, veal milanese, veal marsala, veal parmesan, veal chop and veal piccata.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Wildfire: Terrific steaks that won't break the bank

by Dabs Written Jun 10, 2006

Chicagoland is well known for it's steaks but some of the more well known places (Morton's and Gibson's to name a couple) will put a huge dent in your wallet.

We ate lunch here on a Saturday afternoon. It's a very large restaurant so although there were quite a few patrons, we were seated in an area almost by ourselves which gave us a chance to chat without straining our voices. Service was friendly and attentive.

This is one of the Lettuce Entertain You family of restaurants and like many of them they have various banquet rooms should you want to bring a large group here. Reservations can be made at Open Table

Favorite Dish: I have always been pleased with the quality of steaks at the various Wildfire locations in Chicagoland (Chicago, Schaumburg, Oakbrook and Lincolnshire) and I almost always order the same thing, a horseradish crusted filet mignon, medium rare. It's one of the most popular items on the menu and with good reason.

Sometimes I order the French Onion soup which is always good and a big portion, today we tried the scallops wrapped in bacon, very good.

And it would have been impossible to pass up dessert since they bring a huge tray with the dessert choices, we had a warm chocolate cake with pudding inside with ice cream, even split between the two of us, we had a hard time finishing it and I had a huge sugar buzz. But oh my was it good :-)

Big Bowl: Terrific Thai food

by Dabs Updated Jun 10, 2006

The quality of the food here is high and relatively inexpensive. The service is pleasant and very quick, important when you have a lot of shopping to do :-)

I have not personally brought any children here but I have seen people recommend this restaurant as kid friendly and the website has a link describing their approach to children.

Favorite Dish: I have tried Coconut curry shrimp, Crispy Orange Peel Shrimp & Chicken, Lemon Chicken and Pad Thai Shrimp and all have been good.

Rosebud: Taylor Street Italian in the burbs

by Dabs Updated Jan 11, 2009

I love Rosebud on Taylor Street so when I saw that they had recently opened a location in Schaumburg near Woodfield Mall, I thought it would be a good place to have lunch with a friend. We were the 1st customers of the day on a Sunday for lunch and it wasn't busy when we left so we got very attentive and quick service. I imagine during the week that the restaurant is busier with all the businesses in the surrounding area.

Favorite Dish: Someday I will order something different when I go to Rosebud but today was not that day, I stuck with my usual, chicken parmesan. The portion size was huge and delicious, I took about 2/3 of it home with me along with the side of pasta. I guess it didn't help that I snacked on some fresh bread dipped in olive oil and parmesan cheese before our order came out. The dessert list was tempting but being January after the holidays we managed to decline.

The Ram Restaurant & Brewery: Pub grub

by Dabs Written Jan 11, 2009

I've eaten at the Schaumburg location of The Ram several times, most recently in December 2008. We head here when out shopping in the area and are looking for a more casual place to eat.

Favorite Dish: The menu is mostly sandwiches, burgers and salads although there are some higher priced entrees-steaks, seafood, chicken, etc. The last few times I've been there I've ordered a garlic swiss burger, a ciabatta club and a BBQ salmon sandwich, all have been good. You have several choices for sides, I usually get fries or sweet potato fries.

• erikute3534's Profile Photo

Medieval Times: For special ocation

by erikute3534 Updated Sep 16, 2002

The Restaurant is nice and interesting, worth once to visit.
    I would call 'trap" - didnt know that we can get FREE ticket for Birthday celebrants..+ not valid on Saturdays. Must get a proof of your birthday(that month no need the same day).

Favorite Dish: Not a dish but dishes - plates where aluminium and we had to eat with hands!! Only it was pitty that cups were from plastic... Nice place but some small things not 'finished". Great place for children, as it looked like they enjoyed most. Of course if you can pay over 30USD per child per ticket:)

Instant Answers: Schaumburg

Comments

Schaumburg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Schaumburg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Schaumburg sightseeing.