East Chicago Restaurants

by sambarnett

Most Recent Restaurants in East Chicago

Latin-American Cafe: Puerto Rican/Mexican food

by Dabs Updated Feb 26, 2006

2/25/06 update CLOSED I'm crushed, their Cuban sandwich was hands down the best sandwich I've ever had

My husband picked up take out food so I didn't see the place. He said there was sit down dining as well as takeout and that the decor was minimal but clean.

Favorite Dish: Everything we tried was delicious, my favorite was the Cuban sandwich-roast pork, ham and cheese served on French bread with lots of mayo, lettuce and tomato. We also tried a couple of jibarito sandwiches, one steak and onion, the other pork. Instead of bread, jibaritos have plaintains to keep the filling together. We also tried one of the appetizers, pastelillos, which reminded me of empanadas, a pastry filled with spiced (not hot though) beef.

The menu also has an extensive selection of Mexican entrees and American fare such as burgers, fries, hot dogs and fried foods. We tried a couple of the Mexican items and they were OK but I prefer the Puerto Rican menu.

El Ranchero Restaurant: Excellent Mexican

by Dabs Written Feb 29, 2004

After asking around for the best Mexican in the area, this place was suggested and everything we tried was awesome and incredibly inexpensive. We got it as takeout.

Favorite Dish: We tried the enchiladas suiza, prok tacos and cheese quesadillas. The enchiladas were the best I've had in the US, the rest was very good.

• sambarnett's Profile Photo

Casa Blanca: Casa Blanca

by sambarnett Updated Oct 8, 2003

casa blanca

The neighborhood is rundown and the building is dumpy looking but the food is exquisite, the interior is pretty and the prices are reasonable. Little pricier than some of the other places in town, but still a good deal. They have a good selection of Mexican beers too.

Plaza Garibaldi: Good cheap Mexican food

by Dabs Written Jun 29, 2003

East Chicago has a bunch of good Mexican restaurants, one of my favorites for take out is Plaza Garibaldi.

Menu says that they are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can call in your order for faster service.

Favorite Dish: Everything I've tried here is good.

Instant Answers: East Chicago

Comments

East Chicago Restaurants

Reviews and photos of East Chicago restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for East Chicago sightseeing.