Hammond Nightlife

Best Rated Nightlife in Hammond

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Towle Theater: Short run theater

by Dabs Written Feb 3, 2008

I drive by the Towle Theater every day on the way to work and often say to myself that we should get tickets to this performance or that performance but never quite get around to it but we finally went to a performance when The Ship of Fools, a West Lafayette improv comedy troupe, made an appearance.

The tickets were ridiculously cheap at $5 for this performance, other performances at the theater are $15.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

The Venue: Live performances

by Dabs Updated Aug 24, 2013

The Venue is a live music venue opened in July 2008 at the Horseshoe Casino in Hammond. They've had some really big name acts like the Smashing Pumpkins and Stone Temple Pilots perform there, the live acts range from big name comedians like Jay Leno, Joel McHale and Bill Cosby, some nostaglia acts like Alice Cooper and Bret Michaels of Poison, occasionally a current performer and lots of performers designed to bring in the Asian gamblers.

The tickets tend to be more expensive than other venues but we've bought tickets to a couple of the more reasonably priced shows, one that we got free tickets to and another we found on Groupon at a discount. For rock music they sometimes do a general admission area which is standing room only, this is the best place for a show like that as the permanent seating is too far back. For other acts, like comedians, they add seating in the front using rows AA-HH.

For our most recent visit, we won tickets to Jay Leno on a local radio station (WJOB) and the seats were in the mezzanine section 306. The mezzanine does not overlap the orchestra seats so those seats are way too far back. The stage is too far away to see at that point so I watched the entire show on the jumbotron.

The orchestra section is rows A-U, we sat in row R once and that was too far back to really watch the show so I watched that mostly on the jumbotron. I suspect a lot of the tickets are comped to high rollers, I always see people who I suspect have no idea who the performer is.

Shows are all 21+ since you are in a casino, they do check IDs on the way in if you look younger than 21

Dress Code: None

Instant Answers: Hammond

Comments

Hammond Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Hammond nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hammond sightseeing.