Built in 1867, the original building stands today as a railroad museum. Located behind the Stagecoach Museum is the Old Railway depot. It was originally located at the Y junction of US 231 (North Main) and SR 2. Today a restaurant is located there. The museums include information and displays of Hebron over the year. The Inn is also the local art museum.
'The land in Boone Township was opened for settlement by virtue of a treaty between the United Sates Government and the Pottawattomi Indians in 1832. In the early spring of 1835, Judge Jessie Johnson, first judge of Porter County's Probate Court, with his family became the first white settlers in Boone Township. '
Located in the Stagecoach Inn and the Hebron Railway Station. The station has been relocated from the junction of S.R. 2 and U.S. 231, the north end of Main Street) to behind the Inn. Both have been restored and can be visited along with a view of life in Hebron over the years.
16 Reviews and Opinions