Nashville Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Nashville

• phildeni's Profile Photo

The Sandwich Shop: Bobby Knight lovers hangout

by phildeni Written Jul 21, 2006

This place is dedicated to the controversial (in some parts) basketball coach, Bobby Knight. Every thing is about him. You can buy souveniers of all kinds, tee shirts,hats,basketballs, etc.

Favorite Dish: Breaded pork tenderloin sandwich, and onion rings. It' SO Indiana..

• Hiking and Walking

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

this recommendation breaks my...

by gkitzmil Updated Oct 4, 2002

this recommendation breaks my own policy. I ONLY recommend places I know personall and for a restaurant that means I must have eaten at the famous Story Restaurant. Okay, I've been here many times but never came at eating time so I always just stop by enjoy the quaint view and I HAVE eaten at their little snack shop/lounge. Story, Indiana - eat and stay in a one-owner town!
    I copied the following from their web site for you: The Story Village is representative of a rural turn-of-the-century trading community where the surrounding neighbors came to exchange goods, ideas and gossip. At its center, the general store is complete with its pot belly stove and checker barrel. On the porch is the liars' bench flanked by Red and Gold Crown gas pumps capped with blown glass crowns. You can sit and while away the time taking in the Wheeler and Kelly homesteads, a hitchin' post, the old mill building (recently converted into a neighborhood tavern), the Ten O' Clock Treaty Line and the fields and woods beyond.
    Protected from development by the state and federal land on its periphery, the Story Village embodies the spirit of a bygone era.

The area was originally settled by Dr. George Story and his relatives in the 1850s. They were a clan of timber harvesters from southern Ohio who were attracted to the Story area by the vast expanses of virgin hardwoods.
    Today the main floor of the General Store is virtually unaltered and houses a gourmet restaurant. You can dine on expertly prepared meals and view the old cash registers, spool boxes, scales, product displays, sample products , signs , antique lighting fixtures and a pot belly stove. The second floor of the building has been tastefully altered into four bed and breakfast rooms, each of which have been furnished with period antiques and restored artifacts. There are eight other cottage units for bed-and-breakfast in town, tastefully restored.

Favorite Dish: I've been told everything is wonderful --- maybe I should take my wife there for Mother's Day!!

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

You can eat here if you'd like...

by gkitzmil Written Oct 4, 2002

You can eat here if you'd like but I like to go into the bar in The Season's. If you get one of the two window booths you can look at the hills and the trees. Very peaceful and a draft beer is only $1.75 for domestic including a couple of Michelob offerings
    the inset picture also shows one of their hotel rooms

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

Not my favorite by a long-shot...

by gkitzmil Written Oct 4, 2002

Not my favorite by a long-shot but best known: Nashville House -- supposedly typical Indiana cooking. Last time I ate there I was very dissappointed.

Favorite Dish: believe it or not, fried biscuits

Instant Answers: Nashville

Comments

Nashville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Nashville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nashville sightseeing.