Richmond Shopping

Back of Cutter's Corner (Mural)
    Senior Opportunities Service Craft Shop
    Archway Artisans Art Co-op Pamphlet

Most Recent Shopping in Richmond

• Cutter's Corners SOS craft shop: crafts plus experienced help

by GLITZYDAUBER Written Jan 9, 2007

Cutter's Corners SOS craft shop is more than a craft store. I believe Seniors who are retired but want or need part-time work in their fields of experience ( houses cleaning, small appliance repairs, drivers,for airport delivery, etc.) can be reached thru the SOS (Senior Opp. Services) office there.765-962-1010

• deecat's Profile Photo

Archway Artisans Art Co-op: While in Centerville Visit

by deecat Updated May 24, 2006

Archway Artisans Art Co-op Pamphlet

CLICK ON PHOTO TO READ

While in historic Centerville, we walked around checking out the architecture and the shops. We were interested in a shop where they were scraping paint and repainting the trim of the building called, Archway Artisans Art Co-op. It's a working co-op, and the finished products are sold here at reasonable prices.

The pottery is all hand-crafted by: Nate Wilson, June Kinsinger, David Nagy, Ashley Mikesell, and J. Harris.

Lorri Potter is the local Soap-Maker, and she was there that day working in the shop. All her soaps and lotions are made with goat's milk.

There's also colorful oil paintings, still life paintings, and abstracts. I especially liked the oil painted pet mats, place mats, wall and floor mats that are designed by Jill Kinsinger.

What to buy: I also liked the copper, bronze, and steel sculptures. Jill and I both admired the unique lamps, candle holders, and small tables made of driftwood and other odd-shaped woods.

Yes, there is also jewelry of natural stones, ceramic, wood, cinnabar, mother-pearl, and glass as well as hand-made papier-mache beads!

If you love Stained Glass, you would enjoy Cheryl Hornsby's work.

In addition, there are lovely photographs by Gary Ratliff and gorgeous quilts by Ollie Isaccs.
    Open: Friday, Saturday, and Monday 10 am to 5 pm
    Sunday from 12 noon to 5 pm.

What to pay: Jill and I agreed that the prices were quite reasonable

• Architecture

• deecat's Profile Photo

Cutter's Corner Craft Shop: Help Seniors By Purchasing From

by deecat Written May 20, 2006

Senior Opportunities Service Craft Shop

While walking around in the Historic Districts, Jill and I saw a beautiful mural painted on the back of a building. We stopped to investigate and were delighted to see the mural of this building as a grocery store at "the turn of the century" when it was called "Cutter's Corner". From the little I could discover about it, I found that a man named Henry Cuter had a Grocery Store at the southeast corner of 4th and South D in 1909.

Today, it is still a story, not a grocery store. The sign out front (see photo) says: "Cutter's Corner Home of Senior Opportunities Services CRAFT SHOP In-Home Services Senior Employment"

What to buy: When Jill and I looked into the windows, we could see all kinds of local craft items made (we presume) by seniors in the community. We found that to be quite refreshing....a way for seniors to keep busy, feel important, and make some money. Also, a way for people in the community as well as visitors to support seniors and have, in return, a lovely hand-made item.

I wish that I could have found out more about it, but I came up "empty-handed"!

• Seniors
    • Architecture

Instant Answers: Richmond

Comments

Richmond Shopping

Reviews and photos of Richmond shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Richmond sightseeing.