Vincennes Restaurants

Inside Zander's Ice Cream & Coffee
    Panini and Frappe
  • Charlie's Caramel Corn & Candy Shop, Vincennes, IN
    Charlie's Caramel Corn & Candy Shop,...

Most Recent Restaurants in Vincennes

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Montana Mike's Steakhouse: Montana Mike's Steakhouse

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Yesterday, Tony and I took a daytrip to Vincennes to check out the HISTORY..my personal passion...before we went I checked out some reviews on http://Yelp.com...wanted to eat at "Old Thyme Diner" on main street but it was closed on saturdays...so we opted for our second choice " Montana Mike's"...I have to say the previous reviews got our hopes UP...and we were disappointed..that is always such a HUGE LETDOWN..

The restaurant is large inside. Roomy and dark wood so it looks like a lodge in the west...sort of the motif that it is going for I guess to suit the name.. We were greeted promptly at the door. Waitress took us to the MOST BUSIEST section of the restaurant, I noticed some empty spaces towards the back and asked if we could get one of those booths instead of table in the middle of the floor among LOUD groups of families with kids..she gave me a look like "WTF!!!" but said "sure I guess"..

We were seated near where I wanted but still too close to the LOUD groups..this one man would NOT STOP talking and he was so loud..I swear the other people at that table never got a word in edgewise and must have been deaf...I would have had to slap him silly...He was talking so loud, at first I thought he had a microphone..too loud and I heard his whole conversation...

Second, we ordered our drinks, unsweetened tea with lemon and lime and a budweiser..waitress brought us Bud Lite and Sweet tea..I said to her, Sorry Bree but this is wrong..I need unsweetened tea..too sweet for me..and we need a Bud not Bud lite..so she fixed the drinks...without an apology..
    Second, I told her we needed a few minutes to look over the menu..so she started offering several of her favorite choices..we thanked her but asked for a few more minutes to decide..she came back about 3 minutes later and said "You guys done yet?"...my husband said NO but if you don't mind I will just motion for you when we are ready...about 4-5 more minutes.. He always has a huge issue with choices.

so about a minute later ( I kid you not)..so I said okay Bree to make it easy on you give us the same thing. (2) ..8oz Sirloin Medium Rare, Baked Potato (his loaded but mine with butter and sourcream only) and two side salads with ranch dressing and rolls..with ONE side of garlic grilled mushrooms..she stood there for a minute, and I handed her my menu..she looked at Tony and said..."is that what you want? or did you want to order something else?" he handed her his menu and said "NO that is fine...she got for us both"..

she brought us the salads....literally lettuce, 2 slices of cucumbers, one slice of onion, and some croutons with drowning in ranch dressing. NOTHING ELSE..no cheese, no bacon bits and no tomatoes..not even some extra onions...
    The rolls came ONE each with our dinner ...Big...Tony loved them..they were good..but I would have preferred a basket of bread on the table.

Then about 20 minutes later here she arrived with the steaks and potatoes..firs of all NO LOADED potato for Tony, so she had to bring back a container 2 oz serving of bacon bits and cheese...(( that same 2oz container I would have loved to have been thrown into my salad ))) the Steaks were still MOO-ing...but Tony refuses to send them back..he is afraid the chef would do something to them..
    I sliced off the sides, top and bottom of my steak...wherever I could find some cooked meat...and left a 6oz hunk of raw meat on my plate...I KID YOU NOT!!!!! the baked potato was Good...

I give them 3 out of 5 stars.
    If we are ever in 'vincennes again...I would NOT eat here..
    you take your chances..everyone's choice is their choice
    but I wanted to at least put an accurate one on here for others to know my opinion..
    Let me know what you think!!!!

• Seniors

• deecat's Profile Photo

Charlie's Caramel Corn & Candy Shop: Yummy Caramel Corn and Chocolate

by deecat Updated Apr 4, 2011

While at the Convention & Visitors Bureau, the friendly young woman who was helping us, gave each of us a bag of Caramel Corn from Charlie's Caramel Corn & Candy Shop. She also suggested that we go there to try their candy. About four hours later, we just happened to see their sign as we were walking down North Second Street, so, naturally, we stopped in to "check it out"!

When we walked in the door, we could smell the combination of Caramel Corn and Chocolate....oh, what a treat for the senses!

I ask the girl if they had always been in this location, and she said, "Yes, we've been here for 54 years!. It is located in a two-story home. It is a family-run business.

Charlie's is open 7 days a week. They have over 100 items to select ....such as Caramel, Turtles, Caramels, Toffee, Chocolate/nut Clusters, Creams, Truffles, Crunch, Boxed Assortments, and lots of sugarless Candy. You can also purchase Gift basket combinations or tins of Caramel Corn.

Favorite Dish: We had already eaten one bag of the Caramel Corn that the lady at the Convention/Visitors Center had given us, and we were quite impressed. So, we decided to give the chocolate a try.

I love Dark Chocolate so I got Dark Chocolate Clusters...some with Walnuts, Some with Almonds, and some with Pecans. Wow! what flavor and texture...they melted, and the nuts were so fresh.

My sister order combinations of Dark and Milk Chocolates.

Needless to say, we were very pleased as we left behind Charlie's Caramel Corn & Candy Shop...a real landmark in Vincennes, Indiana.

Charlie's Caramel Corn & Candy Shop, Vincennes, IN

• Procopio's Pizza and Pasta: Italian food you gotta try! Best in town

by ilbluesfan Written Jan 3, 2009

Procopio's has the best pizza around, after all he is from Sicily so who would know better. The pasta dishes are delicious also. His spagetti and meatballs are second to none. Try to eat one of his Greek or Sicilian salads, you had better be hungry they are big. The stuffed pizza is unlike any you will ever eat. Best Italian food in Knox county!!!!!

Favorite Dish: Spagetti and meatballs are my favorite the sauce is great, and the meatballs are so good you will want to take some home with your leftover pizza.

• deecat's Profile Photo

Zander's Ice Cream & Coffee: Ice Cream, Sandwiches, Coffee

by deecat Updated Jun 3, 2008

After a morning of touring the George Rogers Clark Memorial, The Old Cathedral Complex, The Lincoln Memorial Bridge, my sister and I were ready for a rest stop, cold drink, and a light meal. While at the Visitor City, we had asked for suggestions. Without hesitation, we were told to go to Main Street to Zander's Ice Cream and Coffee.

What a great suggestion that turned out to be!

It's a huge building that seems to go on forever. It's divided up into smaller areas which makes it intimate within this huge area. As is evident in Photo #2, the areas seem to have a theme or atmosphere. The one that we sat in [as in the picture] had a lovely mural on one wall.

To order, you have to go to the center area...it's not easy to make a decision with all the choices available. There's a list of frozen treats, of ice cream, of gelato, of special coffee drinks, of sandwiches, soups, and salads.

The people who work here are quite friendly and very efficient.

After perusing the menu, we finally decided.

Favorite Dish: My sister had a hot coffee drink and a special ham/cheese sandwich. I selected a frozen mocha drink [yum] and an Italian Panini . Both of us enjoyed our drinks and sandwiches. They were just the right sizes, and the flavors and textures were delicious.

I noted that they have live music and presentations here sometimes in the evenings. Being a University town, I'm sure the students find Zanders a great spot to congregate to share music, good coffee or ice cream. We sure enjoyed it.

Zander's Ice Cream & Coffee Inside Zander's Ice Cream & Coffee Panini and Frappe
    • Architecture

• g_i_r_a_f's Profile Photo

Wingers: Wings

by g_i_r_a_f Updated Jan 14, 2006

Nine varieties of chicken wings. Sports Bar themed. Locals hangout. Very affordable!!! Also long list of appetizers available.

Favorite Dish: All wing varieties are delicious. All are served with celery and blue cheese or ranch dressing.

• g_i_r_a_f's Profile Photo

Dogwood Barbeque: Home Cooking

by g_i_r_a_f Updated Jan 14, 2006

Very good food served buffet style. Very affordable. This is a very mild mid-west barbecue not to be confused with Kansas City or Memphis style. Salad Bar, soups, breads and homemade desserts included in buffet.

Favorite Dish: Buffet usually has large assortment of meats including fried and barbecue chicken, pulled barbecue chicken, beef brisket, pulled and smoked pork, and sometimes fish. Desserts are also very good.

Instant Answers: Vincennes

Comments

Vincennes Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Vincennes restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vincennes sightseeing.