West Lafayette Warnings and Dangers

by dzni
    Wheee!
    by sticki

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in West Lafayette

• beware the ice polishers!

by rileynoor Written Oct 6, 2007

here at Purdue University, where every which way you turn is against the wind, there's almost always snow. and with snow comes the Ice Polishers errr snow removers. the catch is, by the time the staff gets around to attempting to remove snow the snow is already packed from being walked on all day and thus the snow removers polish it into ice and brush off the remaining snow leaving solid ice beneath.

have fun nursing a bruised tailbone!!

• sticki's Profile Photo

Snow removal

by sticki Updated Dec 18, 2002
    Wheee!

Snow removal around campus doesn't just involve the removal of snow. No, our tuition dollars bought a fleet of Ice Polishers, which cleverly polish the underlying ice to a brilliant sheen, to the peril of anyone silly enough to try to walk to class on the sidewalk. Also, I had my car plowed in on numerous occasions.

• sticki's Profile Photo

Riot Season

by sticki Updated Dec 18, 2002

April 2001...Just some wholesome youthful folly.

Purdue students have a funny habit of rioting after basketball games, regardless of whether Purdue won or lost. I remember not being able to sleep because the police helicopters keps passing overhead and part of my dorm was evacuated because the tear gas was getting in the building. During the last riot, Tippecanoe County actually ran out of tear gas.

• There's no danger here.. it's...

by dzni Written Aug 26, 2002

There's no danger here.. it's west lafayette, seriously. We have an occasional riot, for which I would move my car as quickly as possible. Ugh... stupid riots... don't get me started on the stupiditiy of this at Purdue!!! Other than that, maybe some petty theft if you actually live in west lafayette. This city has like the lowest murder rate in the country (except for those 3 we had last year).

Oh, and I have to give credit to Brent Meshier for the picture here. It was the only riot picture I could find.

Instant Answers: West Lafayette

Comments

West Lafayette Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of West Lafayette warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for West Lafayette sightseeing.

View all West Lafayette hotels