Favorite thing: This is where like thousands of alumni and their families, not to mention the entire student body and some of their families, and the faculty, etc come out for a great weekend of fun...
There's a parade and everything and then open houses, and like everything else.....
VEISHEA. Sometimes there are...
Favorite thing: VEISHEA. Sometimes there are riots, once there was a murder, some years it's just too cold to go outside. But you should try it anyway. Nothing like Central Iowa in April...
Fondest memory: Seven drunken roomates, a wolf, and a blind, deaf, and retarded puppy. What do you think happened? Hint: The puppy is still alive.
In general Ames is a college...
Favorite thing: In general Ames is a college town. The university is what brought me to Ames and will bring me back if I ever graduate.
Fondest memory: My first semester at ISU was a great time, I was finally on my own.(pic. is of one of the towers that I lived in my freshman year)
You must:1. Visit the...
Favorite thing: You must:
1. Visit the university.
2. Have a beer at the Lost and Found Lounge and/or Whiskey River.
3. Eat at Cafe Northwest.
4. Visit the public library--apparently, it's one of the best in the country.
5. Go to the art gallery.
6. Visit Big Table Books on Main St.--great selection of writers teaching at ISU and University of Iowa.
Fondest memory: Well, Ames will always be the site of my renewal: before I got here, I'd spent most of a year waiting tables and generally doubting myself on several fronts. Getting into ISU's English graduate program and moving here from Ohio signaled the end of my career as a server and the beginning of my (hopeful) career as a writer and professor.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.