Clear Lake Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Clear Lake

Clear Lake discovered

by DPando Updated Aug 3, 2008

Favorite thing: I got Clear Lake by fortune.. that day i woke up in Chicago, i knew was my last day in the windy city and i should wake up early to move faster towards west. Relying on my GPS i hoped to drive to the highway 90 but no way it drove me across Iowa where i hadnt any intention to visit.. but by luk or misfortune i discovered gorgeous places that nowadays i still remember

On the way

by DPando Updated Aug 3, 2008

Favorite thing: So i losed my way or i didnt pay attention several times to the Gps and i followed my intuition or my michelin map for US-Canada-Mexico... before to cross Mississipi river in Dubuque..amazing sights i can assure you... from there route 20 leaded me to Waterloo, odd name for a city in US..lol.. where i took the fork to the right towards northwest..
    I wished to stopover in Albert Lea or any rest area in the I90W to continue next day.
    In Waterloo area i could admire such a lush vegetation area and damps around.. so many water.. looked really beautifull ..all that in route 27north after turn left in Floyd towards Clear Lake on the state route 35N..

I was there after so many miles of flat lands.

Clear Lake views

by DPando Updated Aug 3, 2008

Favorite thing: The exit of state route 35 leaded me to the main town...looked so so calm and quiet one hour before sunset, around 6.30 pm, I follow the road straight to the west towards the lake. GPS confirmed that and there it was !! after turning right a parking lot in front of the lake with some pines and other trees in front showed a lovely view of the lake with some people waiting for that sunset...

Sunset time

by DPando Updated Aug 3, 2008

Favorite thing: Such a good place to enjoy a sunset. the place was as an oasis of peace with good vibrations, warm but not hot and a soft breeze in the air.. After the sun dropped i took again the car towards north to I90W where i slept in a rest area next to Blue earth town

• abbalulu's General Tip

by abbalulu Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: I grew up in Clear Lake until age 13 and have gone back 2-3x a year since. We would sail on the lake or water ski all summer.
    My gandma's house is now my favorite place to go. She is 93 years old and still lives in the same house and makes the best meals ever. My favorite is her Rhubarb Crisp! She always has it ready when I get there.
    It is beautiful in the Fall. The leaves turn all sorts of colors and the air is crisp and clean.
    Hope you get a chance to go and experience the small town wonderland. :)

Instant Answers: Clear Lake

Comments

Clear Lake Favorites

Reviews and photos of Clear Lake favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Clear Lake sightseeing.