Dubuque Restaurants

Entrance to the Alte Glocke Restaurant
    Karen at Alte Glocke Restaurant
    My Breakfast at Alte Glocke

Most Recent Restaurants in Dubuque

• Sunshine Family Restaraunt: Good hometown cooking!

by TravelQuality Updated Jul 12, 2011

This is a great local family restaurant. My extended family (13 of us!) recently visited Dubuque. We were looking for a non-chain restaurant to sample, and we came upon Sunshine. The location has a long tradition of housing fine dining. Our first visit was in the evening for dinner. As we entered, we were greeted enthusiastically by a hostess and the owner. For a group of 13, our wait was very short (especially for a Saturday night). The ambience was warm, friendly, and local- exactly what we were looking for. The menu selection was great. Sandwiches, steaks, soups, salads, and even stir-fry's. Very family friendly fair. I selected a chicken stir-fry, and I hit the jackpot. It was delicious! The waitress was very good and attentive. The prices were also very reasonable. We decided to comeback for breakfast the next Morning (Sunday). Our wait was a little longer as there were more people, but still reasonable for the traffic. Obviously, they drew a good breakfast crowd. I ordered a ham and egg croissant and hashbrowns. It was again, very delicious. I like my hashbrowns crispy (personal preference), and the hashbrowns were a little under cooked for my taste, but still very good. If you're visiting Dubuque, I highly recommend visiting the Sunshine Family Restaurant (at least once!).

Favorite Dish: Chicken Stir-Fry!

Alte Glocke Restaurant: Dining at the Julien Inn

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Apr 4, 2011

Entrance to the Alte Glocke Restaurant

During our four day stay in Dubuque, Karen and I ate at this restaurant three times - twice for breakfast and once for dinner. We chose it because of convenience since it is in the hotel at which we stayed. However, we would choose it again for the quality of food and service even if we were not staying at the same hotel.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed the "all-you-can-eat" fish on Friday evening. I can't eat as much as I once could. The restaurant also has a prime rib buffet on Saturdays. My favorite meals at the Alte Glocke were the very ample and well prepared breakfasts - see photo.

• DaVinci's: Very Good Experience

by MidwestTravGuy Written Feb 26, 2008

I had a wonderful experience at this restaurant recently. Food was outstanding and the atmosphere was also great. They had an extensive wine list and the lamb dish was very good. Others in my group had the fish and pasta, which all agreed were good. My girlfriend said that the dissert was the best she had ever had. We sat in the pub downstairs and had a lot of fun watching some local music, although it wasn’t the greatest band I’ve ever seen.

Favorite Dish: Lamb Dish

• Davinci's Ristorante and Leo's Pub: Dubuque's Best!

by killermiller56 Written Jan 13, 2008

This is the best I have had in Dubuque! The food was awesome! Italian-American food with local flair. The pasta is sensational (I've had three dishes) the Seafood is flown in form Hawaii so it really the only place in own for fresh fish. (My wife had the sea bass- which she said was a perfect 10) and the pub is a little old school with modern delights. I had a cigar in there cigar lounge after dinner and my wife had a glass of wine from there 20 by the glass selections on a wine keeper system (I guess it keeps it fresh). My 21 year-old son stayed late and said the pub was so much fun! Check this place out!

Favorite Dish: The lobster pasta is outstanding!

Cafe Manna Java: Pizza from a Wood Fired Oven

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Oct 12, 2006

Our Pizza at Manna Java Cafe

The Cafe Manna Java, in operation since December of 2002, was across the street from our hotel so we decided to try it for dinner one evening in Dubuque. It would have been worth the trip if the restaurant had been all the way across town. Cafe Manna Java initially offered only coffee, breads and pastries, as well as a very few desert items. But it was the wood-oven for pizzas, installed later, which made the place special for us. It was definitely better than your average pizza.

There is also a panini grill for sandwiches. Other items such as salads and soups complete the menu at Manna Java.

The foundation of Cafe Manna Java's great food and sandwiches is the use of their very own artisan breads, made fresh from scratch every single day. The bread selections include Sesame Semolina, Crusty French, Olive Rosemary and many, others.

Dubuque Family Restaurant: Good Basic Food

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Aug 11, 2006

Dubuque Family Restaurant

Dubuque Family Restaurant, which advertises "Home Style Cooking," is located on the west side of town along Hwy. 20, not far from Kennedy Mall. It is a comfortable eatery with frendly service, and a basic menu that ranges from sandwiches to seafood. I found the place to be clean and the prices reasonable. They are open daily from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m. for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Breakfast is served any time.

Favorite Dish: I tried the Philly Cheeze Steak with French Fries. It was not as good as those you can get in Philadelphia, but not bad either. I enjoyed it. Since I drove to Dubuque and Karen flew out a little later, she was not yet with me for this meal.

• Mario's,an Italian restaurant....

by d.- Written Aug 24, 2002

Mario's,an Italian restaurant. It's a comfy, friendly place. Many people equate it to Cheers, as it's a home port to many locals. But, all my out of town friends really enjoy it, to the point where they want to return.

Instant Answers: Dubuque

Comments

Dubuque Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dubuque restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dubuque sightseeing.