Fort Dodge Travel Guide

by str8nuts1

Fort Dodge Hotels

Fort Dodge Restaurants

by SoccerGirl09 Updated Jul 1, 2003

I would defenetly recommend the Hong Kong Buffet. It isa good chinese place (as good as it gets, don't forget, you are in Iowa). we don't have a lot of variaties over here, so it is kinda nice to have something different.
    The price is $5,95 for lunch monday through saturday and $7,95 dinner and all day sunday. Its something affordable and it is all you can eat!

Favorite Dish: Huumm... There is something for everybody. Noodles, chicken, sea food... It is pretty good... And even the kids, that are not very fond of chinese food can grab some ham, or pizza... Also, desert and ice cream!

Fort Dodge Nightlife

by SoccerGirl09 Written Sep 2, 2002

Huummm... Not much to do around here during the night. We usually like to kick it in Des Moines or Ames. But if you are really going to stay here for the night, we like to go to a club/bar named Chevy's. It is pretty decent... Music and bar, plus the deejay is very friendly. It costs you $4,00 if you are 18-20 years old and $2,00 if you are 21 years old and up to get in. By the way, you have to be at leats 18 years old to get in and dance, and 21 years old and up to drink. Pretty inexpensive and if you go with the right crowd you will have a great time. there are a variaty of other bars in the area. There is also CINEMA V, it is pretty cool... there is 4 rooms, which is not pretty bad. It cost you $6,00 to watch a movie. And we also have Family Bowling, I don't like to bowl, so, I don't know how much it costs to get in.

Dress Code: NO dress code, whatever you feel confortable in. Fort Dodge is a very casual place, you hardly ever see anybody all dressed up.

Fort Dodge Warnings and Dangers

by SoccerGirl09 Written Sep 2, 2002

Are you serious?? haha!! There is nothing dangerous about Fort Dodge, as I said, great place to raise kids! oh, just watch for the 55 speed limit... They are pretty strict about that :)) That is the biggest danger around here... Oh... maybe... be careful when traveling at night... we have A LOT of deer running wild, so, it is best if you watch the road, so you won't get in any accidents, plus kill a deer :)

Fort Dodge What to Pack

by SoccerGirl09 Written Sep 2, 2002

Luggage and bags: Huumm... Same tips that I gave in the Iowa Page!!! large bag!!

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: You gotta brng all kinds of clothing if you are planning to come here and stay for a while. Very hot summers and very cold winters... Also, raining falls and springs :)

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Camera!!! We have the four seasons here... its pretty beautifullllll :))))

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: You can camp around here, I have never done it, but I know you can :)

Fort Dodge Sports & Outdoors

by SoccerGirl09 Updated Jul 1, 2003

This is the college I went to. I played soccer 2 years there. It was the best thing, besides my host family, about living in Fort Dodge. A lot of the people at the college, even though it is small, come from different parts of the world and the country to play sports. We had a pretty good sports program there. It is a good place to go after HS and to build a rep for a four year college sports program. I met my husband there, he was recruited to wrestle and I was recuited to play soccer. the only sad thing is because Fort Dodge kinda sucks, so a lot of our friends just come, play the season and then leave.

Fort Dodge Favorites

by SoccerGirl09 Updated Sep 8, 2002

Favorite thing: Fondest moment... Ummmm... let me think... Three years ago, the first day that I came to Iowa, berely spoke any english... I just knew enough of it when as my host family aproached a marroon house, they screamed 'Hooooomee'. It was pretty cool. 'Oh my Gosh', I thought 'That's where I'm going to live for the next 10 months of my life' (it soon turned into 3 years)

Fondest memory: What I miss about Fort Dodge... That is kinda hard... I do my own thing here... I miss my friends, my work, my college... Guys... as I said... Whatever opinion I have about Fort Dodge is more in a personal level... It is a great place, but you have to have an open mind! Plus, I will miss the times where I went and played outside in the snow with my family... Those were great times that I won't ever forget!!!!!!

Instant Answers: Fort Dodge

Comments

Fort Dodge Travel Guide
Map of Fort Dodge