Emporia Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Emporia

• Brandie_Ann's Profile Photo

Montana Mike's Steakhouse: Montana Mike's Steakhouse

by Brandie_Ann Written Oct 5, 2002

The Montana Mike's restaurants are made to look like Mike's hunting lodge. It's just something you have to see for yourself. There are hand-carved bear statues greeting you when you enter the lodge. The hostess station is on Mike's porch. Hunting, fishing, etc. regalia is strewn around the restaurant. It's a real nice family atmosphere.
    They do offer take-out menus, so you can order your food to go. And, just be warned: the portions are HUGE! Come hungry!

Favorite Dish: I love the Mountain Top Chicken Breast. It's a grilled chicken breast topped with mushrooms, bacon, melted cheese and a special sauce.
    For those of you who love steak, Mike's got plenty. You can order a Mighty Meaty Meal to share or just for yourself...this dish is 20 ounces of sirloin. There's also the 60-oz sirloin you can split with two other friends if you'd like. And all entrees are served with a side salad, your choice of potato and a delicious dinner roll (quite possibly the best thing there).

• Brandie_Ann's Profile Photo

Applebee's: Applebee's

by Brandie_Ann Written Oct 5, 2002

It's a nice place to eat, a change of pace from the fast food restaurants. Plus, all the celebrity photos on the walls are good for passing the time.

Favorite Dish: I always order the smothered chicken. It has cheese, green peppers and onions on it...good stuff.

As for the drinks, a Blue Sky is the way to go!

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

I eat in restaurants in...

by brdwtchr Written Oct 4, 2002

I eat in restaurants in Emporia about once a week. I don't have a favorite. I go to different places depending on which side of town I am closest to and what I am hungry for. I'll tell you about some of my favorite places to go and things to order. This picture is the Papusa Plus. They serve food from Mexico and El Salvador. Corn Tamales with cream are a great snack that my wife and I share when we are down town shopping. Godfather's and Pyramid both have good pizza down town also.

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Emporia has all the favorite...

by brdwtchr Written Oct 4, 2002

Emporia has all the favorite places for drive up food. There is Burger King, Wendy's, McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC, Taco Tico, and Dairy Queen. They are all good places to eat but you will find them in nearly every city in the US. If you want a hamburger at a drive up window that is unique to Emporia try out Coburns at 18th and Industrial. Dairy Queen is our favorite place for ice cream treats in a hurry.

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

We like to eat at Carlos...

by brdwtchr Written Oct 4, 2002

We like to eat at Carlos O'Kelly's for the free chips and salsa. I like the fajita cheese crisp there. House of Ma has best eggrolls and fried rice I've ever had any place. Coach's has a pretty good Spinach and artichoke dip. Flying 'J' some times has a good steak for a special price. China Buffet as you can guess has chinese buffet and it does not cost a great deal. Applebee's marinates the steaks and I think has the best tasting steaks in Emporia. Golden Corral is where we go on weekends for brunch. Golden Corral has a buffet and if you show up late in the morning the buffet will have breakfast and lunch items both on it. Village Inn has great pie. When I want country style cooking of any kind it has to be Cracker Barrel. On east 12th my niece likes to eat at El Pueblito for Mexican food on the buffet that is inexpensive. There are more places to eat in Emporia than just those but I have not always gotten great food or service at some of the other places.

Instant Answers: Emporia

Comments

Emporia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Emporia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Emporia sightseeing.