Fort Scott Favorites

• "dolly" the trolly
    by cyberchaos

Best Rated Favorites in Fort Scott

• cyberchaos's Profile Photo

trolly rides and mansions and ghosts..oh my

by cyberchaos Updated Jan 20, 2004

Favorite thing: dolly the trolly rides are given everyday. the tour starts from the c.o.c. in front of the fort and takes you all around to visit and see the beautiful old mansions we have here. and in october during harvest festival weekend you will ride dolly into the paths of ghost and goblins......thats right, here,in the fort it has been known on anygiven night go to gaze up at the woman in the officers quarterhouse..she is believed to be about 19 years of age..her beauty in the amber light raidiates, her long dark silken hair flows at her side, but her ghost seems to be sad..there has been many speculations to why this maiden is so sad..visit the fort,take the opportunity to see if you can understand her sadness........who knows you just might.

Fondest memory: my memories will always remain right here in fort scott..the fact that i still live in the house i was brought home to 52 years ago...my kids all live around close and their kids play in the very same park i did as a child..and most of them were born in the same hospital as i. the smell of fresh cut grass reminding me of my dad mowing many years ago ...mom's great dinners that my siblings and i sat and enjoyed and at holidays,the fact that my kids,grandkids and i sit at the very same kitchen that i enjoyed many many good meals and happy moments growing up as a child. the historic buildings downtown that to this day still stand strong in their original state. its our own corner of the world.

Instant Answers: Fort Scott

Comments

Fort Scott Favorites

Reviews and photos of Fort Scott favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fort Scott sightseeing.