Hutchinson Things to Do

young zebra
    by skcrile
    Kangroo that I got to feed
    The front of the B and B

Best Rated Things to Do in Hutchinson

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Dillon's Nature Center is one...

by brdwtchr Written Feb 25, 2003

Dillon's Nature Center is one of my favorite things there.
    The building is beautifully designed with a lake just out the rear exit. Inside of the building there are great displays and neat beehive exhibit. Outside there are hiking trails, sculptures, and gardens.

• Hiking and Walking

• Cosmosphere

by Goliad Written Feb 2, 2009

This place is fantastic! You can literally spend all day here, and still not have seen and done everything. It is a bit pricey, but is it ever worth it! An absolute MUST if you find yourself anywhere in the vicinity of Hutchinson.
    Anyone interested in the least in space, the history of space travel, science in general, or more recent American History will love it.
    The gift shop is totally awesome!

They have a restaurant on site, or you can bring a sack lunch and picnic on the grounds.

Wear comfortable shoes, as you will be engaged all day.

• School Holidays

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Kansas Cosmosphere And Space...

by brdwtchr Written Aug 25, 2002

Kansas Cosmosphere And Space Center is fantastic. Ever see that movie 'Apollo 13'? The real Apollo 13 is in the Space Center here. They have an astronaut museum, an IMAX dome, planetarium, and the SR71 Blackbird here. It has been several years since my last visit to the Space Center. I have not seen the SR71 yet so I need to go back and check it out.
    If you have any interest in space, science, or history this is a great place for you.

• Hedrick exotic animal farm tour

by skcrile Written Apr 25, 2012
    young zebra

I was driving out of Hutchinson headed Sterling when I ran across some Ostrich's in a field the sign said Hedrick's Exotic animal farm and Bed and Breakfast. So we drove in and what a wonderful place. We got a tour for 25.00 for 5 people. We kissed a huge giraffe petted him touched him what fun, it took an hour to get though the farm you get closer to the animals then any zoo will let you. We loved on camels adults and babies, you get to go in the pen with their Kangroos and feed them from your hand and touch them, we even saw a baby joey. The tour guide was great told us all kinds of facts about the animals. If you love animals you should not miss this place. IF you have more then a day then plan a trip and stay at their B & B, Im told they have all kinds of rooms that are themed to the animals they even have one with a hot tub. My family and I will be back to stay at this wonderful place in a month we already booked the Zebra room

• Photography
    • Zoo

• Cosmosphere

by Tanya934 Written Aug 14, 2007

The Cosmosphere is the reason we visited Hutchinson on Columbus Day 2005.
    It has the largest collection of Space Artifacts from both the US & former USSR we have seen in one place.
    Artifacts ranging from Jim Lovell's Apollo 13 suit to Gus Grissom's Liberty Bell 7 are now on display.
    You can easily spend the whole day just looking at the exhibits just a glass case width away from your fingers.
    The exhibits are ranged in a timeline formation starting from the days of the V1 rockets and up to the present day with articles on the history of the time.
    Despite being a public holiday we had the place virtually to ourselves and were able to study the exhibits at our leisure.
    For me the most upsetting exhibit was seeing a chimpanzees head on display which i found in very poor taste and not a fitting tribute to one of the pioneers of space.
    The lack of museum staff around to question about exhibits was a big minus point and those you could ask questions showed a distinct lack of knowledge about even the bigger displays.
    The plantetarium show was very sleep inducing due to the soothing commentary and comfy seats.
    The IMAX show was amazing!
    Entitled 'Magnificent Desolation', it should be given a much wider run as it was so good.
    The food court was well stocked & reasonably priced and the gift shop had a wide range of merchandise to suit most pockets.
    Definately a must for space fans!

• Museum Visits

• Kansas Cosmosphere & Discovery...

by uiscebeatha2 Written Aug 26, 2002

Kansas Cosmosphere & Discovery Center
    This is a top space museum. An Imax screen, lots of things from the space program, either originals or replicas. They did some of the effects for the movie Apollo 13.

Instant Answers: Hutchinson

Comments

Hutchinson Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Hutchinson things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hutchinson sightseeing.