Manhattan Restaurants

Front of the restaurant
    by BruceDunning
    Original wood beam supports and frame
    by BruceDunning
    Clapboard walls of scrap woods

Most Recent Restaurants in Manhattan

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

Carlos O'Kelly's Mexican Cafe: Aye! Ca-rumba...Me Lad!

by aphrodyte Updated Jul 31, 2003

Running For the Border and doing and irish jig.

I know it says mexican cafe and all, but I lived in San Antonio for a few years and I have been told on numerous occasions that the food that I like is not mexican, it's more like TexMex. Carlos O'Kelly's in my opinion (as well as the opinion of many Mexicans) believe that O'Kelly's offers some really good TexMex food.

The restaurant is part of the Towne Center Mall food court but it has a separate entrance for the times that the mall is not open. I've been here on numerous special occasions in my life and their food has always been a crowd pleaser.

For some reason, my fiance does not like authentic mexican food, so he thinks this place is tip top. But of course, he thinks this place is a little to pricey for him and would prefer to eat somewhere else.

Favorite Dish: I will usually order a big chili con queso, or the nacho grande without the jalapenos for an appetizer. My fave entree is the Suiza/Vera Cruz Combo. This dish has a Suiza Con Pollo, a flour tortilla filled with our fajita chicken and a blend of cheese, sour cream & garlic smothered in our Poblano Cream Sauce, and then there is the Seafood Vera Cruz which is also a flour tortilla stuffed with a blend of crab meat, whitefish, Monterrey Jack cheese and glazed with our own seafood sauce. It is also served with rice & beans.

I wish for the day that my daughter will like something other than chicken fingers...well one of these days she will find mexican/texmex food really good. However, her favorite food of choice here is the deep fried chicken tenders and fries.

For dessert we usually get either the sopapilla, or fried ice cream. Now I don't know the origins of the fried ice cream but that stuff is really good.

Oh yeah, and there is the 1800 Grand Gold Margarita. Oh...yum!

Ramblers Steakhouse & Saloon: There is a Ramblerly in my Tumbly

by aphrodyte Updated Jul 31, 2003

Rambler's in Manhattan

I want to mention this place because of the drink specials and the really good steaks they have here. Occasionally we would come here for some and drinks and some good burgers and steaks. Sometimes they have live bands playing here, but I've never been there for that.

It usually gets kinda packed on some good nights but since it's out of way in E. HWY 24 going towards Wamego the regular college student and weekend tourist don't know about this place it doesn't get packed quite often.

They are recently expanding their patio, and seating area...so please don't mind the dust.

Drinking Hours:
    Monday - Thursday: 3pm - 1am
    Friday: 3pm - 2am
    Saturday: 11am - 2am
    Sunday: 12pm - 1pm

Food Hours:
    Tues - Sat: 5 pm - 10 pm (dinner)
    Sun: 11 am - 2 pm (lunch)

Favorite Dish: The steaks here are worth mentioning and the fries...there's nothing like a good grilled steak and greasy fries.

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

Village Inn Restaurant: A shadow of it's former glory.

by aphrodyte Written Jul 31, 2003

Village Inn the last of the red hot icons.

Village Inn was the quintessential local for the late night studying (right...studying) Anyho...I in my youth I was boycotting Bob's Diner (for reasons I can't remember) at the time and wanted to go somewhere to eat a light meal and pull and all nighter studying for some test that I knew I was going to fail miserably on. But, hey, I'm never one to quit so there I was at Village Inn. Getting "high" on gallons of coffee and their greasy bacon and egg breakfast. Ahhhhh....those were the days!

Nowadays, Village Inn is no longer a 24 hr place. I think you can stay as late a 11p or 1-2am on the weekends...but that's about it. This place has been here for as long as I have grown up here and so the decor has never changed. Sometimes you can get a pretty sourly attendant, but hey...they can't all be 5star waiters! The meals are reasonably priced and the milkshakes are awesome.

Favorite Dish: I usually get a breakfast skillet here or a burger and fries. Coffee and smoking is allowed (Yippee!)

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

Rusty's Next Door: Nazi Non-smokers....you have a place too!

by aphrodyte Written Jul 13, 2003

First ever smokeless bar in Aggieville.

It's a very original concept...the atmosphere of Rusty's...without the smoke! It's actually the only bar in Aggieville that caters to the non-smokers. I'm not surprised that it's well received.

You can just imagine how many times I've had people tell me, "I don't want to go to so-and-so, my clothes will stink!" "There's too much smoke in there *cough, cough*" "I don't know why you like going there...it's too crowded." "Can't go there, this is a new outfit and I don't want to get cigarette burns." I love them dearly, but they're a bunch of non-smokers!

Well...now I can kick them out of mine and send them next door! Or of course, if I run out of cigarettes I can just hang out in there. It's a casual, social atmosphere, a place where you can just hang for a bit.

Favorite Dish: Peanuts! Peanuts! Peanuts!

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

Buffalo Wild Wings in Manhattan: Yay! The Buffalo is here, too!

by aphrodyte Written Jul 13, 2003

Will you quit with the pictures...I wanna drink!

Sadly, Buffalo Wild Wings is at the location where Streetside Records used to be. (I remember getting some really good eclectic music from there. Stuff no one else dares to sell...sigh...I'll miss that place) But hey!...It's Buffalo Wild Wings! So far, it's the only sportsbar I like.

They have their signature wings and legs in an assortment of flavors, burgers, salads, texmex options and potato options just to name a few of what they offer. The dessert menu has 2 items, oreo brownie and chocolate eclair. The brownie is nicely warmed up right before it gets to your table. They serve bar drinks and free refills on the water and soda. Each day has a special food item and/or beer item for a really good price.

The places are very kid friendly and my daughter gets a kick out of the table pager/buzzer that lets us know that our food is ready and on its way to the table.

Hours:
    Mon - Sat 11a-1a
    Sun 11a-11p

Favorite Dish: I had the 6 piece Teriyaki Wings. Batter dipped onion rings with a special order of ranch sauce, with a warm oreo brownie for dessert.

My daughter's fave is the corndog kids meal that comes with mini corndogs, smiling potato faces, a pickle spear and drink. She too likes the oreo brownie.

• Coco Bolo's Woodfired Grille &...

by erodda Written Aug 26, 2002

Coco Bolo's Woodfired Grille & Cantina in Aggieville.
    The owners of Coco Bolo's, the Cox Brothers, were the former Chefs at Hibachi Hut, so if you liked Hibachi Hut that's why! They make magic on their wood-fired grill, from their homemade sausages, to steaks, and of course everything Mexican. They're from Las Cruces New Mexico and make the 3 best salsas of any single restaurant I know.

Favorite Dish: Cox Brothers Burrito!

• donovanel's Profile Photo

Coco Bolo's: Coco Bolo's

by donovanel Written Aug 25, 2002

It is a trendy little restaurant--very colorful and very poplular. In the warmer weather you can eat outdoors and the prices are pretty reasonable--I don't think that there was many entrees over $15-20. Also, it is within walking distance to many bars, so it is a great starting point to meet with friends.

Favorite Dish: I haven't found my favorite yet, but the shrimp and chicken wrap is really good. And they have REALLY tasty margaritas on the rocks.

• donovanel's Profile Photo

Early Edition: Early Edition

by donovanel Written Aug 25, 2002

I have eaten here countless times--it has become kinda a Sunday morning tradition. But be careful, cause the place gets PACKED when church lets out. It is a rather plain restaurant but it has great food--I always end up overeating and feeling sick for about an hour or 2 til my food settles!

Favorite Dish: Chocolate Muffin--these are great if you like chocolate--make sure you get it heated--mmmm muffins.

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Hibachi Hut and the Texas Star...

by brdwtchr Written Aug 25, 2002

Hibachi Hut and the Texas Star share the same entrance. Good food at good prices can be found here. We ate there on St. Patrick's Day and sat in a booth at the front window and watched the finish of the 10K race that day. The finish line with flags and judges was set up in front of the restaurant.
    They gave us free chips and salsa while we waited on our food.

Favorite Dish: Great Brisket sandwich at the Texas Star.

Instant Answers: Manhattan

Comments

Manhattan Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Manhattan restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Manhattan sightseeing.