Olathe Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Olathe

• foxglove23's Profile Photo

Zios: Budget Italian

by foxglove23 Written Jan 19, 2006

This is my favorite restaurant in Olathe. It's casual and reasonably inexpensive. The food is always good and you get enough to eat two meals from it.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is chicken parmesean. I also love the cheese ravioli on a nest of pasta with half alfredo sauce and half marinara sauce. The key lime mints you get after your meal are great too.

• TheFish's Profile Photo

don't go to scoreboards (off...

by TheFish Written Oct 4, 2002

don't go to scoreboards (off old 50 hwy). i went there one night with my friend john and we got a horrible case of food poisoning. had to go to hospital. don't go to scoreboards.
    you know, i think my spelling is getting worse. i was going to say my handwriting but that wouldn't be right.

Favorite Dish: definitely not the mozzerella sticks.

• Jewelslover's Profile Photo

Texas Roadhouse: Favorite Steak Restaurant!!! Texas Roadhouse

by Jewelslover Updated Apr 4, 2011

This place is my absolute fave! It has so much atmosphere and is very reasonably priced. We like it so much we go there weekly!

If you're expecting a fancy steak restaurant don't come here. They play country music (free juke box by the way), throw peanut shells on the floor, and have the BEST rolls around with cinnamon butter! I can't say enough good about this place. You won't be disappointed.

I would call ahead though. I've waited 1 1/2 hours before to be seated! (It was worth it!!)

Favorite Dish: The 6oz sirloin steak with french fries or baked potato with a salad with homemade ranch dressing (it's the bomb)! And then more rolls with cinnamon butter for dessert! That complete meal is only $7.99!

Sheridan's Frozen Custard: Popular spot for a sweet treat

by basstbn Written Aug 16, 2003

Sheridan's is a very popular hangout where the lines can get long with people waiting to get a wonderfully tasty cool treat. (Don't be mislead by this picture which was taken in the middle of a sweltering August afternoon when anybody with any sense was not out in the sun.)

For those uninitiated into the wonders of frozen custard, it's like ice cream but better. It's richer and creamier.

Favorite Dish: I like to go the simple route here - just a dish with vanilla or chocolate frozen custard. Most of my friends clamor after "concretes", custard blended with other sweets such as candy bars, fruits, etc.

• basstbn's Profile Photo

Jumpin' Catfish: Farm-raised, Grain-fed Catfish!!

by basstbn Updated Aug 4, 2004

If your experience of catfish is eating muddy river bullhead catfish with a thick, hard breading, you will be amazed at the taste and texture of farm-raised, grain-fed catfish the way they prepare it at Jumpin' Catfish. It's wonderfully flavorful. Try the filets or nuggets all-you-can-eat special. Good sides, too. They serve other items - fried chicken, quail, crab legs, but I've never eaten anything but catfish.

There are two other locations in the Kansas City area (Lee's Summit and North Kansas City), but I've only eaten at this one, and I have heard that it's the best.

Favorite Dish: Catfish fillets. Incredible! Light breading, slightly crispy but not hard or crunchy. With your meal you get navy beans, terrific cole slaw, choice of mashed potatoes or wedge fries, and hush-puppies.

Gambucci's: Nostalgia and Pasta

by basstbn Written Apr 19, 2003
    Gambucci's

In the 1940s and 50s, it was common for Italian-American families to open a small restaurant in the front room of their home, then expand to other rooms as business improved. Gambucci's was built to re-create this atmosphere - you might eat in the Living Room, or Papa's Lounge, or in the Wine Cellar. These rooms are decorated with Italian-American artifacts and family photos, many of which come from collections of the owners' families and friends.

The food is of high quality, and may be ordered family-style if you wish.

Favorite Dish: I like the veal parmigiano. Terrific salads.

(I am not certain that I remember prices for certain - I've been there when someone else was buying.)

Instant Answers: Olathe

Comments

Olathe Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Olathe restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Olathe sightseeing.