Pratt Travel Guide

• Restaurants
    by basstbn

Pratt Things to Do

• by Goliad Updated Feb 2, 2009

The museum in Pratt is a must see. From the outside, it doesn't look like much, but the further you get into it, the more you realise that this is a real gem. I've visited many small town museums in my days on the road, and this one has got to be one of the best! You can spend hours in here, and even repeat visits will reveal something you missed the last time. I don't want to ruin the surprise that awaits you near the end of the visit, suffice it to say, it is more than you would ever expect in a small town museum. If you are not expecting it, you will turn a corner, and just go, "Wow! I never expected this. This is neat!" Don't miss this one folks! I have visited it several times, and would not hesitate to visit it again.

• Museum Visits

• by Goliad Written Aug 20, 2008

A couple of weeks after the fair leaves town, Pratt hosts Mud Runs. For those of you who don't know what these are, two pits are dug, one for four wheelers that is about 200 feet more or less long, and one for bigger vehicles that is about 350-400 feet long. These pits are filled with water to make a muddy bog, and you try to make it from one end to the other as fast as possible without getting stuck. When we went, it was only $5 a head to get in, and it lasted all afternoon and into the evening. For, what is basically, a days worth of entertainment, that's pretty cheap! The atmosphere is very laid back and relaxed, and it is fun for the whole family. All-in-all, a very enjoyable experience.

• by Goliad Written Aug 20, 2008

It had been years since I had been to a demolition derby, so when I learned that they have one in Pratt every year in conjunction with the county fair, I couldn't wait to go. It was GREAT!!! If you happen to be in the area at fair time, it is well worth your time to check this out. Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes, not overly nice ones, because the stands there fill up fast, so you will most likely be sitting on the grann on the side of the hill overlooking the track. It is a great time for friends and family.

Pratt Hotels

Pratt Restaurants

• by mysterytruck1 Written Jul 24, 2011

Formerly known as Donald's Serva-Teria in Pratt, Kansas Now known as The Famous Serva-Teria. Our first time to visit, we had breakfast. Breakfast is served till 2:p.m. Food was good! Our waitress was excellent!
    Restaurant hours are 6:00 a.m. to 2:00p.m., 7 Days a week.

• by Goliad Updated Feb 2, 2009

On Sunday's, Don's is totally smoke free.
    As far as the cost, we found it rather high.
    Food was good. We went to a couple of buffets, but not worth the price.

As of January 2009 this restaurant is closed down. I don't know if there are plans to reopen at a later date or not.

• Business Travel

• basstbn's Profile Photo

by basstbn Updated Nov 3, 2003

I think this place has been there forever! I can't remember when there wasn't a servateria here. The only meal I have ever eaten there was breakfast, and the service was kind of slow that day due to a big turnout and a missing (sick) waitress.

Other meals, it's cafeteria style.

One thing we did notice was an abundance of cigarette smoke, especially noticable because you have to walk through the smoking section to get to the non-smoking room.

Favorite Dish: Pancakes - HUGE AND FLUFFY AND TASTY. And cheap. We got a side of pork sausage that was delicious - not the frozen store bought kind. I suspect that it was ground right there or someplace in town.

Pratt Warnings and Dangers

• by Goliad Written Feb 2, 2009

Not really a warning, just a couple of heads ups.

Pratt, like many places now, is a smoke free town. No smoking in any public places, including bars and restaurants.

The motels here are EXTREMELY expensive. Even the rot gut motels here are more than we've ever had to pay anywhere else we've been, and they give no weekly rates whatsoever. They offer very few corporate rates, and even the few they do offer are still extremely expensive for a small town that is not a tourist trap. A rot gut motel, small, cramped, and dingy, will charge a minimum of $50 a night for a single. The nicer motels here have rooms that start at $100 (negotiated corporate rate) a night and go up from there. That's for a single!

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Pratt

Comments

Pratt Travel Guide
Map of Pratt