Know about this? Rate It!
The Coleman Museum and...
The Coleman Museum and Showroom is on St. Francis Street a short distance North of Douglas near Central. The museum portion is small. It is a set of glass cases with items and photos in one corner of the show room. The rest of the place is a store where you can buy discounted Coleman products. Coleman makes great kerosene lanterns and camping supplies.
I have not done or seen every...
I have not done or seen every thing in Wichita I'd like to yet. There are concerts there and I saw a good play once in Wichita. Some of the area attractions I have yet to visit are the Kansas Firefighters Museum, Lowell D. Holmes Museum of Anthropology, National Baseball Congress Hall of Fame, Kansas African American Museum, Great Plains Transportation Museum, Joyland Amusement Park, and Kansas Aviation Museum. Photo is the Kansas African American Museum that I visited one day while it was closed.
The History Museum is very...
The History Museum is very nice. It is in a fine looking building across Main street from Century II. The reproduction of a pharmacy inside has great looking wood work. I saw a display of antique toys like my father collects there also.
The Indian Center has a nice...
The Indian Center has a nice museum in it. The museum is not huge but it is a good one. They have a souvenir shop there. You can't miss the building because it has a big totem pole out front. It is along the river near Cow Town and Botanica. The giant Keeper Of The Plains statue I used in my first photo is there.
City Arts is in this purple...
City Arts is in this purple and yellow building next door to the boat house. They have galleries and exhibits and a gift gallery.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Wichita Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- South Dakota Off The Beaten Path
- Istanbul Off The Beaten Path
- Bend Off The Beaten Path
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Off The Beaten Path
- Pisa Off The Beaten Path
- Arkansas Off The Beaten Path