Know about this? Rate It!
The Great Plains Nature Center...
The Great Plains Nature Center is Great! It just opened in September of 2000 so it is still pretty new. I just went there for the first time this last weekend. There is a giant aquarium with catfish and bass in it. Lots of things for children there also. Kids can see how it feels to touch a coyote's fur or a deer's antler. They can push a button to hear different sounds from different animals. It is a nice place. The Great Plains Nature Center is located at 29th and Woodlawn. Woodlawn is a north and south running street that intersects with Kellog and Douglas.
Omnisphere and Science Center...
Omnisphere and Science Center has hands on science exhibits and a planetarium. It is mostly a place for kids but I'll have to admit I had fun there and got my self some neat toys at their shop. It is located next door to the Historical Museum at 220 S. Main Street. It is another of the places in Wichita that is closed on Mondays.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Wichita Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Little Tybee Island Hotels
- Mont-Tremblant Hotels
- Costa Rica
- Ponta Delgada
- Savannah Hotels
- Cimareme Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path