Places to eat in Wichita

Most Viewed Restaurants in Wichita

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Gerrard's: Country Food in Goddard

by BruceDunning Updated May 21, 2009

Wellllll-I got the buffet for lunch at $6.50-all you can eat chicken, steak smothered, and vegetables. The others got buffet salads for $5.50. The price it right and the food very tasty. I pigged out because the chicken fried crust was great. Hamburgers are only $3.25-$4, and all other items reasonable. No gift shop any longer and they have not changed the sign. Now that area is ore seating for food.

Favorite Dish: Fried chicken would be my choice.

Caffe Moderne: Cappuccino and Cake

by grayfo Written Nov 22, 2009

Nice atmosphere and comfortable seating. Quaint architectural accents to look at and several TVs playing classic B&W movies. Lively enough for fun, yet quiet enough to hear yourself think. Good place for meeting with family or friends.

email janet.caffemoderne@gmail.com

Monday to Thursday: 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
    Friday to Saturday: 7.00 am to Midnight

Favorite Dish: Cappuccino and Hot Lemon Cake

Hangar One Steakhouse: Watch out for Incoming

by grayfo Written Oct 17, 2009

Airport themed steakhouse, think a hangar during world-war two with fighter planes and you capture the ambiance. The restaurant had only been open 5 weeks and it was Saturday night at 9.00, so it’s hardly surprising the place was packed. After being told there was a 45 minute wait I left instructions that I could be found at the bar, no problem. About 20 minutes later and a friendly chat at the bar a table was free. The food was excellent and done exactly as I like it and I shall fit in another visit before I return to England.

As an afterthought why does everyone take their leftovers home with them?

email Melissa.simpson@hangaronesteakhouse.com

Favorite Dish: Conquest Ribeye (12 oz) with Double Fries - $15.99
    Large Bud Light - $4.00

Timberline: Steakhouse and Grill

by grayfo Written Oct 22, 2009

The steak was very tender, the service was efficient and the waitress attentive.

May 2009

Favorite Dish: 10 Oz Ribeye (Medium Rare) served with double fries. They also do a 16 Ounce but the 10 oz was more than adequate. $16.99

Monterrey Mexican Restaurant: Mexican in the Mid-West

by grayfo Written Oct 21, 2009

The menu has a full range of a la carte and build-a-plate offerings, for the Mexican food lover there is a great choice, be it chile verde, enchiladas supremas, veggie burritos, tacos, or creative fajitas. The night I went (a Monday), the restaurant was very busy but I still found the service friendly and I was accommodated with a cheese free version of an existing meal.

Monday to Thursday: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
    Friday to Saturday: 11:00 am to 10:00 pm
    Sunday 11:30 am to 4:00 pm

Favorite Dish: Grilled Chicken Fajitas $11.99

• Il Vicino: Unique pizzas

by uiscebeatha2 Written Feb 9, 2004

Very unique selection of wood-fired pizzas. Unusual toppings like pine nuts, asiago and other cheeses.

Favorite Dish: I usually order a pretty 'ordinary' pizza, pepperoni, beef or chicken, but add the asiago cheese. The toppings are good, but the wood fired crust makes it special.

• Red Beans Bayou Grill: Red Beans Bayou Grill

by uiscebeatha2 Written Aug 26, 2002

Great atmosphere, some of the best food in town. Moderate prices (most entree's are in the $10 range). Fairly good bar selection. I've taken several people there, and had no complaints at all. I even 'had' to take an order up to a friend in KC once...

Favorite Dish: It depends on how hot you like your food. The best, spiciest food is the Firecracker Chicken & Shrimp. For something turned down a notch, try the Blackened Chicken Pasta with Creole Creme Sauce. The French Quarter Combo is good too, and is probably the mildest of the 3.

• Rich62's Profile Photo

STARBUCKS: COFFE, CAPUCCINO, LATTES, FRAPPES, ETC

by Rich62 Updated Mar 6, 2006

WE JUST ARE HOOKED ON STARBUCKS. I know, its an expensive drink. But its soooooo good!

Favorite Dish: A vanilla Bean Frappe in the summer.

A decaf Hazelnut Latte in the winter.

An Egg Nog Latte at Christmastime!

Wow, is this a great country or what?

• Business Travel

• Viewz's Profile Photo

Scotch & Sirloin: Great Steak and Seafood

by Viewz Updated Apr 4, 2011

Great Steak and Lobster. The setting is great for professionals, evening meetings and small talk. Take your out of town guests here, for that get to it proposal. The service can be compared to any elegant restaurant in the Washington, DC metro area. I enjoy the low lighting and personal feel.

Favorite Dish: Filet Mignon and Petite Lobster Tails

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• lenoreva's Profile Photo

Just ate at Brews Brothers...

by lenoreva Written Aug 25, 2002

Just ate at Brews Brothers Grill and Icehouse last week.
    Nice atmosphere, friendly service. The staff all wear shirts that say: Same day service guaranteed!

Some local beers are on tap.

Favorite Dish: I ate a hamburger which was very good. The french fries are excellent: The best I have eaten in a long time! The portions were huge, but it was all so good that I had to eat everything.

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Lots of great places to eat in...

by brdwtchr Written Aug 25, 2002

Lots of great places to eat in Wichita. All the barbecue places are good. We like the Cafe Mediterranean just about best of all the restaurants in Wichita. It has great food but is not expensive. It is on Kellog near the exit we use to get on the highway for home. We got good service there and had a nice relaxing meal after our feet were worn out from shopping.
    Great Sunday Brunch buffet.

Favorite Dish: I liked every thing I had there.

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Emersen Biggins is a sports...

by brdwtchr Written Aug 25, 2002

Emersen Biggins is a sports bar conveniently located close to Century II and to Old Town.

Favorite Dish: Appetizers are good there and so are the sandwiches. They will serve you generous portions and you should get full.

• Old Chicago....I love the...

by G-strap.com Written Aug 24, 2002

Old Chicago....I love the fries
    Great food and that is primarily why I go into restaurants in the first place. We stopped by some of the hottest theme restaurants in Chicago but the food literally made some of my group sick. So what's the point if the food's bad?

Favorite Dish: The fries (get the spicy ones, known as the 'jerk' fries.

• Nu Way Cafe: Old Fashioned Fast Food

by MsHux Written May 21, 2007

Visit the original Nu-Way Cafe on West Douglas for some old-fashioned fast food. Originally built in 1930, they still make their own root beer and onion-rings every day at the Nu-Way. The place was neat as a pin and intimate (small). There is a bar with spinning stools and the menu hangs over the bar. The walls feature photos of bowling teams and other local tidbits from the last 70+ years. Fries, onion rings, tator tots, dogs ... all the usual fried fare. The burgers at the Nu-Way are unusual - the meat is loose, like a sloppy joe, without all the sloppy part, just meat. Interesting. If you like lot of meat go for a double at least. I've heard the taco salad is really good too. We thought it was great fast food and something a little different. The rootbeer was great - next time I'll save room for a rootbeer float.

Favorite Dish: Great onion-rings are always a find!

• chingay's Profile Photo

Bone Fish: Best Fish in Town

by chingay Written May 22, 2007

Bonefish Grill has a nice ambience. Cheesy vinyl table covers aside, I think the place is awesome. The food is fantastic. My mahi mahi wasn’t the best I’ve had, but the lump crab corn chowder was delicious. I could make a meal out of it by itself.

Brian had to get the filet mignon (he doesn’t eat fish but was nice enough to take me there anyway) because they ran out of sirloin (his first choice). He said the steak was okay but the mashed potatoes were very good.

Losing at poker doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate.. So I talked Brian into getting the bananas fosters. I’d been craving bananas fosters for almost two years, but could not find anywhere that serves it. I came close at Moby’s Fish Tales at Harrah’s NKC, but I was too full at the end of my meal so we didn’t end up getting it. This time I only ate half of my fish to ensure I had room for dessert. Finally, I got to satisfy my craving.

I did find out that they serve creme brulee so I told Brian that we’ll have to come back for that. Some of the things that I want to try next are the bang bang shrimp, crab cakes, mussels, coconut shrimp, calamari, and tilapia among other things. Needless to say, we’ll probably find ourselves there several times this year.

Favorite Dish: Bang Bang Shrimp, Pomegranite Martini

Latest: Mar 29, 2014
Castle Inn Riverside
1 Review & Opinion

Instant Answers: Wichita

Comments

Wichita Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Wichita locals.
Map of Wichita