Exploration Place, Wichita

• wanderingbtrfly's Profile Photo

Exploration Place in Wichita, KS

by wanderingbtrfly Written Mar 1, 2004

Exploration Place at night

The Exploration Place is a must see if you are into science. It is also a great place to bring children.

My friends and I found it fun to just stroll through, experimenting with all the fun scientific things. We went midday on a week day and had the place almost completely to ourselves. Even though none of us were science buffs, It was a blast!

• Eco-Tourism

• kschatterbox's Profile Photo

Hands on fun for the kids and the kids at heart

by kschatterbox Updated Mar 22, 2007

I am happy to say that Exploration Place has done a major change and now is a great place to spend a day here. We have just finished having the Titanic Exhibit which is HUGE for us!!
    They also have Exploring Flight and Design (we are well known for aircraft here) and Exploring our only home and many other things. Cant for get the Cyber Dome either.

• jhawk1000's Profile Photo

Exploration Place

by jhawk1000 Written Aug 24, 2002

This has an interesting hands on aeronautical lab where you can computer design your own aircraft, can take trainer flights and learn about the aircraft industry. Has a wellness center with computer labs to help you trace down imaginary illnesses, a stress machine, a large theater which is interactive and the audience controls the action with handsets and the majority rules. It has a weather lab, restaurants and a younger child zone. Miniature golf outside and is something that the kids love to see and experience.

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Exploration place is fun for...

by brdwtchr Written Aug 25, 2002

Exploration place is fun for young people and those who are young at heart.
    It has many hands on things for kids to do and learn. My favorite thing was the movie we watched from seats that moved in accord with what was happening on the screen. If you are watching a scene of a motorcycle speeding down the road your seat would tilt right or left just like the motorcycle would during a turn.

• Must-see if you're in Wichita.

by Potat0zilla Written Aug 14, 2009

If you visit Wichita, I would suggest putting this on your to do list. I was there awhile ago, and since then it seems they have really added a lot of exhibits, and even the cyberdome. I still had a good time myself though. My favorite exhibit is hands down the "Exploring Flight and Design." Make sure to try out the flight simulator with actual flight training programs!

• Museum Visits

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Century II is a land mark for...

by brdwtchr Written Aug 25, 2002

Century II is a land mark for finding your way around. It is a huge round building where there are expos and events held. I attended a big art show there during the Wichita River Festival.

Instant Answers: Wichita

Comments

Hotels Near Exploration Place
4.5 out of 5 stars