Bowling Green Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Bowling Green

• emismom's Profile Photo

If you like to eat out, this is the place!

by emismom Written Feb 19, 2005

There is a lot of good eating in Bowling Green. Rumor has it that there are more restaurants per person than anywhere else in the United States. While we feature all of the major chains, if you get off the main drag (Scottsville Rd., aka Hwy. 231) there are some great local places to eat. Our favorite is the Brickyard Cafe, owned by two Bosnians who relocated to Bowling Green. It has a wonderful mix of southern European meals, including traditionals like pastas. The goat cheese pizza is awesome. Another great place is Mariah's, for typical American foods such at pot roast, salmon, steaks, etc. Both are reasonably priced, and located in downtown. To avoid the traffic, take exit 24 and head straight into town.

Favorite Dish: At Brickyard, I love the goat cheese pizza, while my husband loves the traditional Italian spaghetti. The baklava is incredible for desert.

At Mariah's, the pot roast is my tops, while my hubby enjoys the salmon. The portions sizes are great, and all of the deserts are huge.

• Business Travel

• megs20's Profile Photo

Toots: Yummm, fried pickles!

by megs20 Written Mar 17, 2004

This restaurant was sooo good! I'm pretty sure it was called Toots...althought now that I think of it..it might have been Tootsies. Well, regardless, it is either or. :) But the food is very fried and very good. If it is your first time there, they even give you free fried pickles! Very nice staff with very fun accents!

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store: Walking from the motel

by grandmaR Written Jan 22, 2007

Faux olde country decor

I'm not a big fan of Cracker Barrel, but if we didn't want to get back in the car and drive, we had a choice of only Waffle House or Cracker Barrel. It was quite crowded so I sat in the rocker by the fireplace while Bob waited for a table.

They also have a somewhat tacky store in the same building as the restaurant, that's probably the "Old Country Store" part of it. They sell the rockers that are on the porch.

Favorite Dish: Bob had a roast beef sandwich with gravy, mashed potatoes and cole slaw, and I had breakfast which I figured they couldn't screw up too badly. It was two eggs, hash browns, biscuits, pale gravy, grits, fried pork tenderloins and stewed apples. Last time I said over easy for the eggs and got the yolks all hard, so this time I said sunny side up and they were absolutely raw on top. I managed to drip egg yolk all down the front of me. I also got ice cream and fudge sauce in a mug for dessert.

• Seniors

• The Cellar: Terrible Customer Service

by Timothymx Written Jul 28, 2006

For what it is worth, I visited this restaurant several weeks ago with five other guests and had a poor experience. The waitress dropped a glass of ice tea on the table, shattering the glass and getting glass and tea on several folks at the table. I ended up paying the bill (for over $300) and frankly expected some sort of an acknowledgment (maybe free desert?) from the manager or owner but received none. I wrote a letter to the owner about the experience and all I received was an angry phone call from him where he was belligerent and "insulted" because I wrote a letter. Very poor customer service.

• Little_Lou_Lou's Profile Photo

440 Main: Class and elegance

by Little_Lou_Lou Updated Apr 4, 2011

440 Main is a beautiful place when one wants dinner to be an event. The dining is quaint, the lighting subtle, the mood romantic and the food devine. Service is always of the highest quality and the chef is an extraordinary talent. *Banquet and catering services are available.

Favorite Dish: Herbed Goat Cheese Tian
    Filet Mignot
    Grilled Vegetables
    Crepe Suzette

• shogun97's Profile Photo

Denny's. Great atmosphere,...

by shogun97 Written Aug 26, 2002

Denny's. Great atmosphere, and the food slowly kills you
    The cigarettes in the food. You will meet a variety of people from across the galaxy stopping here.

Favorite Dish: Dagwood Slam -- A sandwich ... but breakfast

Toot's Restaurant: Toot's Restaurant

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Okay, I like the Toot's in Murfreesboro so I thought, why not try this one!!! Right??? It was not as busy as the one in Murfreesboro should have told me something. It was 12:30pm (( maximum lunchtime on a Friday))) and it was not that busy. I like Toots so I was excited about it not being busy.
    The hostess seated us immediately. Our waitress came over immediately and told us she was new..which was fine and she was extremely nice, fast and so pleasant..infact that is why I am giving them a three instead of 2 or 1 stars..
    Tony ordered a draft beer as usual and I ordered a soda.
    He went for the Cajun sandwich with fries and went with the Chicken fiesta steak sandwich with fries...Fries nasty..too greasy and made me almost immediately sick. my sandwich was mainly peppers and onions..tons of cheese to hide the fact NO CHICKEN...I kid you NOT maybe three or four chunks of chicken..tons of cheese whiz..which I hate..
    Tony's steak sandwich was all over the place...fatty and bloody and hanging off the bone..only good thing about it..the A1 sauce tasted good on it. They also added cheese whiz to this sandwich..NASTY...
    I am not going back here again..Not worth $35..Not worth it all.
    But I did like my waitress I left her a 22% tip..she was so nice!!

• Beer Tasting

Denny's: Denny's

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

We stopped here on our way back from the Louisville Zoo on our way to back home to Nashville with our family. It was their first trip to Denny's and they loved it.
    I got the Slow Cooked Pot Roast with unsweetened tea with lemon. Tony took the Prime Rib Roasted Potato Skillet with Sweet Iced Tea with NO LEMON...very good!!! only $15 with taxes and before tips.

Their meals was less than $50 with taxes and without tip for 6 of them..They had 2 kids under 10 who ate off the Kids Menu but then they had 4 adult entrees so the Restaurant was very budget friendly for a young family on vacation..we all highly recommend this restaurant.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant and restrooms were clean. I highly recommend this restaurant when traveling between Nashville and Louisville up I-64..let me know what you think!!!

Mellow Mushroom: Mellow Mushroom

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 13, 2014

The music drew us in. We were out walking and heard the loud outside band and had to stop. Apparently today April 12th, (saturday) was a special day Brews and Tunes..they are having live bands outside in the parking lot.

We were seated immediately by some really nice servers. Our waitress was so friendly..She handed us a special draft menu for the days events. Tony chose a local draft called 3Floyds King Pale 6.5% alcohol and very hoppy. I took a drink. It was okay. Very milky and cloudy to me. Tony drank it but was NOT that impressed by it. I am so happy he is becoming more KEEN on trying new ales and brews and not sticking to the same old Budweiser. He is becoming more flexible and I am very nicely surprised by it. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks..in his case, try new drafts...

We ordered a small House Special pizza. It took them about 20 minutes. I ordered a soda. The place was very loud...we were seated by some unruly children...the parents were busy talking about a trip to third world country or something and how they enjoyed the simplicity of their culture and IGNORED the three kids hitting, pulling, pinching and screaming...between the ages of 6-10...too big to carry on in public like that...they should KNOW BETTER !!!

The pizza was okay. Not the best. The crust was wheat based flour and thin sauce. It was not the best. We ate it. But now I know why I don't like Mellow Mushroom locally here in Nashville..Just not my cup of tea..
    The decor inside was nice. I like it alot..but NOT going here again!!! So far, I can't find my go to place in Bowling Green Ky yet.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Bowling Green

Comments

Bowling Green Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bowling Green restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bowling Green sightseeing.

View all Bowling Green hotels