Clermont Travel Guide

• Entrance
    by Sarah_Bellum
    Old workshop creating the barrels
    by Sarah_Bellum
    The picture says it all...
    by PinkFloydActuary

Clermont Things to Do

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Jim Beam American Stillhouse

by butterflykizzez04 Written Aug 6, 2014

August 1st, on the way home from Louisville, Ky back to Nashville, TN, we stopped in Cleremont, Ky to check out the Jim Beam American Stillhouse.
    First of all, it wasn't hard to find. Signage was well marked, so it is easy to navigate to the Stillhouse.

Once you get there, the place is gorgeous. The scenery around the area is very nice. I love country settings because it reminds me of back home in West Virginia. As we turned down the road leading the Stillhouse there is a barn locatecd on the right hand side of the road that is JIM BEAM logo'd..and there was a guy taking a SELFIE...we all laughed, because we heard the song earlier on the radio.

We arrived at the parking lot, and there is plenty of free parking. We went into the Stillhouse Main building where you can buy your tour tickets, and check out some old photos of the Beam and Noe family, as well as the gorgeous two story gift shop..Where you can buy a bottle of the corn mash to take home with you or get a whiskey glass or t'shirt with the Jim Beam logo...sort of pricey to me but I am a miser with money..I like going to FREE places..

The tour itself is $10 per person and it takes you through the warehouse, the tasting rooms and the other buildings. We opted to just walk around the buildings, checking out the statue of Jim Beam's grandson, his home, the smokehouse, and the warehouses..This was FREE which is what I like..
    We spent about 90 minutes around the park area enjoying the lovely weather and taking some gorgeous photos. I would go there again, but I won't pay the $ can go to George Dickel or Jack Daniel's down the road in Tennessee for FREE...but if you are a Jim Beam fan, definitely stop and take a gander...

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Jim Beam!

by PinkFloydActuary Written Aug 6, 2011

Clermont is the home of Jim Beam, and so there's nothing more fine to recommend than a tour of the facilities! Under the current tour, you don't see any production, but you will learn a lot about the process. Tours are free, and start in the gift shop/tasting room (they're about 45 minutes long.) You start in the Jim Beam house, seeing an old small still and watching a 10 minute video. From there, you walk along the grounds to see some formerly used equipment, before learning about the barrels and how they work in the bourbon creation process. The next stop is the storage facility, where bourbon ages in their casks. And the final stop is the tasting room, where you can partake in a few small samples! There are plenty of Jim Beam items in the gift shop to look at as well. With the little guys in tow, we weren't planning on doing the tour, but the guide assured us it was child friendly and it did keep our five year old's interest. Well worth the stop on the Bourbon Trail.

Outside the Jim Beam house Old still Still equipment Aging bourbon The gift shop

• Sarah_Bellum's Profile Photo

Jim Beam Distillery

by Sarah_Bellum Written Oct 27, 2008

This was surprisingly a very interesting can just feel Kentucky! At the visitors center there is a short video about their product, a small exhibit on how it's made. There are some outside exhibits on how the crates were made, an old fire engine, and the old house where they give you a taste of some of their best burbon. I would visit this place on the way back from Bernheim just tops the day off after viewing some of Kentucky's nature to have some of their burbon!

Entrance Old workshop creating the barrels
    • Wine Tasting