Knoxville Travel Guide

• Knoxville
    by Raxxillion
    PARKING IS NO PROBLEM WITH THIS BABY !
    by miner
  • Knoxville
    by miner

Knoxville Things to Do

• sambarnett's Profile Photo

by sambarnett Updated Aug 26, 2002

Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armor
    There are two main areas to this museum. The first traces the history of mechanized cavalry, for which Gen. Patton is well known (well, for that and the 1970 film.) In addition to the vast array of tanks and helicopters, the museum contains a small chunk of the Berlin Wall, and a rather poignant section as you can from the picture.
       The museum also contain a Patton gallery, focusing on the life and times of this flamboyant and controversial general. There is some video footage of him, I was surprised how much higher-pitched his voice was in comparison to George C. Scott. I just can't imagine the saying at the top of this page having the same effect... ;)

by Raxxillion Written Aug 25, 2002

The ground is an often visited site for a soldier at Fort Knox. You are usualy greeted by a Drill Sergeant who tells you, 'Drop, Private! Just #$%@# Drop!' Then you have recieved your free introduction to the ground.
    Various ground is available for pushing-up on: dirt, concrete, gravel, mud, and sometimes even snow...

• by KaljaMaha Written Aug 24, 2002

Patton Museum. As usual, sight-seeing for me means literally 'sight seeing'. The museum closed before I got there, but the tanks around the museum are worth seeing.

Knoxville Restaurants

by Raxxillion Written Aug 25, 2002

The chowhall. The funny thing is, I knew nothing, NOTHING, about tanks in basic training. The cooks are going through basic training too... Hmmmm....
    Very quiet atmosphere. (probably because if you talk you do push-ups)

Favorite Dish: The reddish stuff with the white bits.

Knoxville Tourist Traps

by Raxxillion Updated Aug 25, 2002

Drill Sergeants often offer special activities for new soldiers. Never do anything that a Drill Sergeant gives you a choice in. (Partly because if he wants you to do something, he will tell you to do it) Once asked us if we wanted to go swimming. We said 'yes,' and the next thing we knew, we were wearing nothing but swimming trunks having to make swimming motions on hard concrete while the Drill Sergeant sprayed us with a fire hose.

Knoxville Favorites

• miner's Profile Photo

by miner Written Sep 2, 2002

Fondest memory: We took a family outing to Fort Knox. I had always been curious about the tanks and vehicles I had read about and had seen in movies. Also on display was a Cobra helicopter.It looks as awesome in real life as it does on the screen.

by Raxxillion Updated Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Forest Gump summed up what you must do when he said, 'The Army ain't all that bad. You got to make your bed everyday, always do what you are told, and always answear everything with, 'yes, drill sergeant.''

Fondest memory: Mail call. I loved getting letters each night. I guess that is why I am now addicted to email.

• Knoxville Hotels

0 Hotels in Knoxville

Instant Answers: Knoxville

Comments

Knoxville Travel Guide
Map of Knoxville