Lexington Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lexington

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Malone's -Hamburg Place: Great Restaurant - Close to I-75

by charlenemixa Written Jun 3, 2014

We have stopped at Malone's twice on drives thru Kentucky. It is always excellent for steaks or seafood. Plenty of seating indoor & outdoors. The Ahi tuna is delicious. Good wines, too.

We like staying at the Hampton Inn nearby and then going to Malone's for a great meal. Terrific way to wind down after a full day of driving. It is a very good restaurant and the locals also frequent it!

Favorite Dish: Steaks or in my case Ahi Tuna

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Sidebar Grill: Local Eatery!

by charlenemixa Written May 30, 2014

This is a good place for a casual dinner. It is more a small grill with a bar. The food was very good of BBQ pork with great sweet potato fries. The apple dipping sauce is delicious. Plus they had drafts for $2 in happy hour. It's more of a local hang out but fit our dining desires for the evening.

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Jalapenos: Jalapenos

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

Tony and I was traveling home from West Virginia to Nashville, so we stopped at Lexington Ky for lunch at Jalapeno's Mexican Restaurant. It was a pretty good restaurant. Really large and decorative. There was a lot of cars in the parking lot, so that was a good sign...so we stopped!

I had the steak fajitas and Tony opted for the Crabmeat and Shrimp Burritos with Poblano Cream sauce and black beans and rice..He had a budweiser and I had a pepsi ...at it cost only $23.05 with taxes and I left a $3 tip..it was pretty good food. Nothing to complain about but nothing I couldn't live without..nothing "WOWED" me..I would eat here again, but NOT search it out..I could live with or without it..the salsa and chips were good..and the staff friendly and fast...

I would recommend.

• Beer Tasting

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Parkette Drive In: Parkette Drive In --Bee Bop from the past

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Well ever since I saw the episode on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on Food Network with Guy..I wanted to try this Lexington Ky landmark. So Friday, Dec 27th on our way home from Charleston WV to our current home in Nashville, TN..we decided to stop.

It was easy to locate with my handy yelp smartphone app.

We went to the restaurant about 11:15..not super busy..huge inside dining spaces
    Tony was disappointed NO BEER...but plenty of soda, tea and milkshakes..
    I ordered a chili dog with fries..Tony ordered a seafood basket with fish, shrimp and chicken with tots, gravy and a biscuit.
    Ice water and I had a soda..
    Service was friendly and quick..
    interior bright..nostalgic interior...but it was NOT THE ORIGINIAL interior...there are many very large photos of the past on the walls..I liked that...

Prices was average..but the food was a little disappointing compared to the hype. The deeped fried items was fried in old grease..you could taste and smell it..not a big fan.
    my chili cheese hot dog was mainly mustard...hardly any cheese or chili at all but heavy mustard and for $4 for the hotdog...overpriced!!!

It was a nice experience, but there are too many restaurants in Lexington for entering this restaurant twice...sorry just not for me...food didn't live up to the expectation at all....

• lapb's Profile Photo

Shakespeare & Co: Eclectic in the Extreme

by lapb Written Apr 4, 2013

This restaurant defies description. It is an experience and not just a meal. The menu is very very eclectic. Cheese grits to chicken satay; apple pie to halwa. The decor is OVER THE TOP Victoriana. Breakfast is served all day, and they serve food until 11 pm. That alone has made this my new favorite restaurant in Lexington! The menu is very broad; burgers, pizzas, Mediterranean flatbreads, fried halloumi, lemon crepes, prawn and avocado sandwiches....and on and on. I'm working my way through the menu. Favorite so far: the Mediterranean breakfast with homemade yogurt, olives, haloumi, and saj. Yummy! Only disappointment so far: goat cheese and herb pizza seemed a little dry to me. The only other Shakespeare & Co. is in Dubai. Interesting.

• sabogg01's Profile Photo

Three Suns Bistro: Lamb, Ham, Turkey, Oh My!

by sabogg01 Written Apr 8, 2012

My boyfriend's family invited us here for Easter brunch and I must say I was very impressed. Normally you order from a menu but since today was a special day they had a buffet. They had Lamb, Ham, Turkey, Pecan crusted chicken, tilapia, all the sides and salads and a huge selection of desserts. Every seat was full but the service was outstanding. I am really not sure what the price range is as this was a treat and I did not have to pay but I would guess somewhere between $25-$30 for the buffet when it is offered and I have heard menu price usually is about $20 for most things.

Favorite Dish: The ham was the best. It had a glaze on it that was delicious!!

• sabogg01's Profile Photo

Sarah's Corner Cafe: mmmmmm Ribs!

by sabogg01 Written Feb 21, 2012

This is a little off the beaten path of downtown but luckily for me it is only about a mile from my house. On the outside it looks as if though its from the 50's and time passed this little restaurant by. But out front you will see a huge smoker where they smoke anything from ribs, pork chops, bologna, etc. They have a few picnic tables if you want to sit out and watch the cars go by. Beautiful horse farms all around this area and the owners work in the restaurant and treat you like longtime friends. They take the time to ask you your name and to get to know you. The prices are some of the best in town. Wonderful breakfast and their hashbrown casserole is the best. They also make their own bbq sauce amongst other things to sale. Highly recommended and worth the drive if you want real kentucky cookin'.

Favorite Dish: The ribs are my favorite. They are juicy, tender, and the meat just falls off the bone. They make their own BBQ sauce which is delicious and adds to the taste.

• sabogg01's Profile Photo

Riptide on the River: Come here if you want cold food and bad service

by sabogg01 Written Feb 3, 2012

We wanted to go to a place we had not been with a few friends for pt 1 of my boyfriend's birthday celebration. I am the culprit that selected Riptides on the River. It is about 12 miles south of Lexington off exit 99. Walking in we all thought it was very nice with the aquariums and the giant fire pit. Waitress took our drink order promptly and then it all went downhill from there.
    Can I just point out my group of 8 plus maybe one or two other tables were the only customers in the entire establishment but yet we still had HORRIBLE service? They "Forgot" to make our appetizers.....so we never did get those. Although we did end up with 2 appetizers that we did not order. 1/2 of the group had cold food. (The only ones that were pleased were the 3 that got cheeseburgers) The so called Mac N Cheese that was "homemade" taste like velveeta. I have made homemade mac n cheese and trust me, this was not homemade. We had to wait extra time for the mac n cheese as well. Additionally, the menu that was online was double the size of the actual menu so we did not have very much to choose from. Also no pitchers of beer?? In a bar? Really?? We have no problem making a trip a little out of the way for good food and good service but both were definitely nonexistent here. This was my first and last trip to Riptides. Halls on the river is much better!

Favorite Dish: Cranberry Craze. It was a drink that had a mix of gingerale, cranberry juice, and vodka. The ONLY thing I enjoyed here.

Goodfellas Pizzaria: New York style pizza by the slice

by sabogg01 Written Oct 19, 2011

Love coming here!! It's downtown within walking distance to a lot of other restaurants and bars. It has tables on the outside on the street so you can really experience Lexington. The pizza comes by the slice or pie. One piece is about the size of a 12 inch plate!! The breadsticks are the size of baseball bats! You can get the breadstick and pizza for around $5. Great food for a great price!!

Favorite Dish: Ham and Pineapple pizza is my favorite but all of the pizza is good! :)

• Gay and Lesbian

• sabogg01's Profile Photo

Magees Bakery: Great home cooked food!

by sabogg01 Written Oct 19, 2011
    Some of the coffee!

Great little spot right on Main Street in downtown. They have their own parking lot so you should be able to get a spot. Come early because once the food is gone thats it! The biscuits and gravy is just like something your grandmother would have made! I also really enjoy the breakfast casserole. This restaurant has been in business since the 1950's so they must be doing something right! They close by 2PM most days.

Favorite Dish: The biscuits and gravy! And I am normally not a biscuit and gravy fan. Had a spicy taste and the biscuits were soft and fluffy. The gravy was thick and not runny. Delicious!!

• sabogg01's Profile Photo

Charlie Browns: like a library.....with a bar

by sabogg01 Written May 9, 2011
    The entrance to Charlie Browns

Old brick building in the Chevy Chase side of town. Has a Mexican restaurant upstairs. When you first walk in its very dark. The only light is from the bar, the red candles on the tables and the fireplace if its cold outside. There are tables but also sofas near the fireplace which happens to be quite cozy on cold Kentucky days. Old books line the walls so it tends to look more like a library. I would assume you can read them if you choose to do so but its kinda dark for reading :) There are also several large televisions which are perfect to watch the games. The menu is good. Sandwiches, burgers, wings, salads, etc. You can get a liter of your favorite mixed drink for around $10 and beers are less than $2.
    In the summer they have a really nice patio in the back. Truly a place for the locals and some tourists that happen to find it. Stop by the next time you are in town. You will not be disappointed.

Favorite Dish: Buffalo drummies is my food of choice at Charlie Browns! They are 50 cents each on Sundays and they are perfect. Big, juicy, spicy, and so good!

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Drake's: Good Beverages Attached to Malone's

by BigBlueOne Written May 3, 2011

This is an upscale bar attached to Malone's Steakhouse (which is one of, if not the best, steakhouses in Lexington). So, if you're feeling lake a late night libation and also wouldn't mind being able to utilize the same kitchen as a great steakhouse, this is the place for you.

Favorite Dish: Any of the steaks are good

• Business Travel

Onizim's: Formerly Furlongs

by sabogg01 Updated May 3, 2011

This is a Cajun style restaurant with a local twist. Always crowded and a very small place. Reservations are recommended. I have been here a few times and really did not care for what I got either of the times I was here. I did try some of my boyfriend's seafood omelet and it was delicious however. I will still probably go back to give it another try. The atmosphere is really great.

Favorite Dish: The seafood omelet was my favorite! The shrimp were large

Regatta: Seafood by the water

by sabogg01 Updated May 3, 2011

Since 1994, Regatta Seafood Grille has prided itself on serving the highest quality fresh seafood that Lexington has to offer.

Conveniently located in Lexington Green, at the intersection of New Circle Road and Nicholasville Road and connected to the popular Joseph-Beth Booksellers.

Inside and outdoor seating. On weekends it is recommended to make a reservation as it fills up fast. Sitting outside by the water and seeing the beautiful fountains and ducks is very nice.

I love the clam chowder and calamari. The prices are average as to other places that offer seafood.

Favorite Dish: Clam chowder and Calamari. But I also like the oysters on a half shell.

TheDish: Just okay....

by sabogg01 Written May 2, 2011

We had passed by here a million times and was always curious about it. We decided to give it a try on Valentines Day. The waiters were very nice and helpful. The service exceeded expectations. It was romantic as they had candles and fresh cut roses on each table. Our food did not take long to get but for the portion size you do not get a lot for your money. I have been to many places in Lexington and got much better food for less. I would not say that I would not try it again. They have a very nice patio area that was to cold to use at this time. So if you are looking for drinks this might be a good place to come. Parking also seems limited and might require driving around a few times.

Favorite Dish: I had the zucchini and potato casserole and my boyfriend had the steak and potatoes. Neither of us was very impressed with our meals. It looked much better than it tasted.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Lexington

Comments

Lexington Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lexington restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lexington sightseeing.