Louisville Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Louisville

• Java Brewing Company: More coffee

by dzni Written Sep 15, 2004

Another favorite coffee stop for me. If you want to sit and relax, you can't beat the swank Prospect, KY location, just to the north of Louisville. It's located at the corner of US42 and River Road. Another good location is on Frankfort Ave. Prospect one serves wine too! :)

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

The Oakroom Restaurant: Five Diamond Dining!

by charlenemixa Written Aug 8, 2014

Our Louisville finale is dinner at Kentucky’s only AAA Five Diamond Restaurant, The Oakroom Restaurant at The Seelbach Hilton Louisville. Its rich wood décor adds warmth to the pristine white tablecloths and petite vases of fresh red roses on each table. Sharing with Chef Patrick Roney our preference for seafood, he prepares a sensational five course dinner with an array of bold, flavorful dishes. Each imaginative and inspired dish is beautifully presented by a staff that is attentive to all the details for a fine dining experience. Our first course is a scrumptious Maine Lobster Bisque, followed by the Green Goddess Millionaire Salad featuring fresh heart of palm, avocado and a delicate green goddess, white balsamic dressing. Chef’s passion for flavorful seafood dishes continues with a Cioppino combining scallops, mussels, clams, lump crab in a fennel puree with a crunchy rouille crouton, followed by a succulent, fresh Seared Sea Scallop with white and green asparagus, and then a melt in your mouth halibut filet. Chocolate Decadence Awaits! The finishing touch is the Chocolate Passion Fruit with multiple layers of rich dark, milk, and white chocolate mousse accompanied by passion fruit ganache and passion fruit coulis. We agree that The Oakroom definitely sets the standard for a fine dining across the Bluegrass state with an award-winning culinary team that creates an incredible dining experience. Cheers to The Oakroom and Louisville!

A fine dining experience for a Special occasion or celebration.

Our decadent dessert!

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse: Excellent -GLITZY Restaurant

by charlenemixa Written Aug 8, 2014

Dining with Friends we had a superb dinner in this restaurant with its Glitzy decor. The service was very good. My husband's 9 oz filet was perfectly done and my oysters were delicious. They basically have an a la carte menu. The portions are large. The sides are meant to share. Prices are on the high side but they attempt to make up for it with volume and service. It is connected by a hallway the Galt House Hotel making it very convenient for us.

Wagner's Pharmacy: Grab Breakfast after Barn & Backside Tour

by charlenemixa Written Aug 8, 2014

We were recommended to have breakfast after our Barns & Backside Tour by the Visitor Center and our tour guide of the Barn & Backside Tour of the Kentucky Derby Museum. This a combination pharmacy and restaurant across the street from the backside of Churchill Downs. It is stopping place for a meal for jockeys, trainers, managers and workers of the Downs. Plus it has a good breakfast, reasonable price, nostalgia and memorabilia. It was unique and fun! Sitting at the counter we enjoyed breakfast and also looking memorabilia. It was here that many contracts were signed and horses traded. It is not fancy so remember you are going for the history as well as the down home food.

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Nord's Bakery: Nord's Bakery

by butterflykizzez04 Written Aug 17, 2014

August 1, 2014, Tony, Noel and I was kicking it around Louisville enjoying the day..It was so sunny and lovely..I found this lovely bakery via my Yelp.com app on my smartphone...

It wasn't hard to find once I got to the neighborhood, but getting to the neighborhood, I had to use my googlemaps app on my smart phone..what did we do before SMARTPHONES??? Hughtow did we make it??/

Once we got to the bakery, found a spot out front about 1/2 click down the block. We parked for free ( on street parking free ) and walked back to the bakery. We got there about 1pm...so the donuts were made earlier in the morning..but there was still a nice selection. The owner waited on us personally. The shop was so cute and lovely, small but just what you need for a more enjoy intimate setting.

We each ordered a pastry each and something to drink. She asked me if we had been here before and we said...NO, we are from Nashville, TN..she was so friendly and she asked us how we found her and I told her about YELP site and she seemed so pleased.
    We seated ourselves up the few wooden stairs in the dining room area and about 5-7 minutes later she joined us and handed us a box of assorted pastries..she said something FREE to take home and enjoy on your drive back to Nashville..It was full of donuts, pastries and a Kentucky Shaped sugar cookie..it was so very nice of her..

I spent only $5 on 3 pastries and one coffee, oj and soda...that was very reasonable and then she brought us the great to go box of freebies...what a nice lady. What a nice shop...what a nice time...I would definitely go back there again!!! Great pastries and they were so fresh and wonderful...I highly recommend you going to this wonderful bakery if you are ever in the area..

• John195123's Profile Photo

Lynn's Paradise Cafe: Paradise, under one roof...

by John195123 Written Feb 3, 2004

What a place. The food is quite good. It's well-prepared, fresh and hot.
    Hours:

8:00am-10:00pm

Lynn's in the snow

Amici Cafe: Decent Italian in Old Louisville

by shrimp56 Written Feb 13, 2013

A relaxed cafe/restaurant with good Italian food. Recent reviews are mixed, although still worth a try. The artichoke and tomato soup gets raves.

Amici Cafe

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

The Magnolia Bar: It's MAG!!!

by shrimp56 Updated Jan 19, 2013

Dark and funky and a mainstay of the Old Louisville community. Read the website for the full effect. Its jukebox is rumored to be the best in the city.

• Gay and Lesbian

• John195123's Profile Photo

Well, Louisville has many...

by John195123 Written Sep 7, 2002

Well, Louisville has many excellent restaurants. I think my favorite is the Vietnam Kitchen, serving real Vietnamese food.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    Real Vietnamese food, and not expensive.

The Mayan Cafe: Locavore Mexican

by shrimp56 Written Feb 13, 2013

Really good food, not your usual Mexican fare. The dishes are a mixture of traditional and modern with an emphasis on local and fresh drawn from the Mayan culture in Mexico.

The Mayan Cafe One of the hearty regional Mexican dishes

3rd Avenue Cafe **CLOSED**: Tasty lunch in a friendly setting **CLOSED**

by shrimp56 Updated Jan 19, 2013

Alas now closed, this establishment was kitschy and eclectic and served tasty casual food. And you could have your picture taken with Elvis. LOL

3rd Ave Cafe, alas now closed:( Delish tuna salad sandwich

Babylon

by John195123 Written Feb 3, 2004

I have never sat at this restaurant, but I have eaten their food. While it was very good, it, by nature, was greasy. But, I'd go again any day.
    Note the juxtaposition with Papa John's.... mmmm pizza

Babyon

Quarter Poel Lounge

by John195123 Written Feb 3, 2004

This bar is near Churchill Downs, but seems kind of seedy. It may be the location, and I've never been inside, but I do want to go sometime.

Quarter Pole Lounge

Instant Answers: Louisville

Comments

Louisville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Louisville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Louisville sightseeing.