Richmond Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Richmond

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

1st Street

by Krumlovgirl Written Nov 17, 2004

Having been a resident here for nearly all my life and living with a person in the law enforcement field I have heard countless stories regarding women getting attacked in and around First Street. Now, most of these women were inebriated and were attacked by people that they knew, but you must make wise decisions. Go in groups, don't wander off down in small, unlit alleys (yes, we do have some) and drink smart. Most people go downtown to have fun and there is little risk of meeting unsavory characters, but we do have some and they like to prey on women alone. Just be careful. Last year alone we had more than 55 assualts on women downtown. That's a lot for a small town.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Snow

by Krumlovgirl Written Aug 8, 2005

me playing in the snow

So I knew this guy in Boston and he had many misconceptions about Kentucky. We worked through them but the one thing he couldn’t comprehend was that we actually do get snow in Kentucky. I was going to Boston to spend Christmas and he was like, “Oh, you’ll love to see the snow.” I told him that I had seen snow before, and in large quantities, but he never quite seemed to believe it. So the warning is: it DOES snow in Kentucky. Not always a lot, but it almost always catches us off guard. The difference in it snowing here and it snowing in New Hampshire is that the northern states are usually prepared for it. We never are. I don’t think we ever will be. Our city has like, two snow clearing machines and as you can see from my photos some really really winding country roads. So even if we get half of an inch school gets called off because the buses can’t drive on the roads. Keep that in mind if you’re driving around this area in the winter. Even when the roads DO get cleared they’re still not always that safe.

One year we had no winter storm warnings at all. We were staying out on a farm and my friend was nine months pregnant. So we go to bed that night and when we wake up we have seventeen inches of snow-the most snow we had had in years. Our driveway was completely covered in snowdrifts. So a WEEK goes by before the road gets cleared and we can leave. We were all about to kill each other, but at least we had a Jacuzzi and cable. Oh, the reason they cleared it at the end of the week at all was because Robbie went in labor and the National Guard had to come and save her.

• wost motel stay

by dennisbenke Written Jul 11, 2011

Days Inn in Richmond Ky is the wost place I ever stayed.
    Dirty rooms..broken toilet seat filthy mirror.
    When I complained...manager laughed and told me I was to pickyShe was very rude and told me my cc was charged and to get out!!
    I contacted the corporate office and was told to expect a call back from manager within 7 days. It's been over 3 weeks and no call.
    I again contacted corporate and no response.
    I doubt if I'll ever stay at a days Inn again even for free

Instant Answers: Richmond

Comments

Richmond Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Richmond warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Richmond sightseeing.