Taylorsville Travel Guide

Good for: Couples

Taylorsville Restaurants

Mint Oreo Blizzard 4 more images

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

We mostly ate at the restaurant near the condo. We never did try the Chinese restaurant, but Bob didn't want to eat at the same restaurant for the final evening, so we had dinner in the Dairy Queen instead. He doesn't usually like Dairy Queen because he is lactose intolerant.

This Dairy Queen has DQ® Burgers, Hot Dogs and BBQ Sandwiches, Chicken Strips, Chicken Sandwiches and Salads, Blizzard® Treats, Moolatte™, Cones and Sundaes and DQ® Cakes. They have a drive-through and serve DQ® Breakfast

Favorite Dish: I had a double cheeseburger, a salad and a mint Oreo blizzard, and Bob had two hamburgers and a milkshake. He loves milkshakes even though he has to be careful or he pays for it later.

Cafe from parking lot 4 more images

by grandmaR Updated Oct 29, 2006

When we went to the On The Way Cafe (that was the name of the little restaurant on the corner near the condo association) on Sunday, I saw that there were specials each day. On Monday it was spaghetti and meatballs, so that is what both Bob and I ate on Monday

Favorite Dish: Tuesday, we decided to go back to the little restaurant on the corner and we had quite good orange chicken and rice with a side salad for $6.95 (second photo). The sheriff and several other law officers were eating there too. It seemed to be an informal meeting place for them.

Wednesday, we went back to the On The Way Cafe and had the special of meat loaf. with mashed potatoes and gravy and vegetables for $5.95 (photo 3). I told them not to put the gravy on the meatloaf so I just had it on the mashed potatoes. I had a root beer float for $2.25 to make up for not having any root beer that afternoon, and Bob had a hot fudge sundae - also $2.25 (photo 4).

Fried clams 4 more images

by grandmaR Updated Aug 3, 2006

Taylorsville is a very small town. There are a drive in tobacco shop, a couple of little boat places (places for little outboard fishing type boats), a small hardware store, and the town hall. Not very many restaurants. We wanted to go somewhere to sit down for dinner, and our choices were Dairy Queen, a Chinese buffet, the little restaurant on the corner or a place called Moby Dick (A Whale of a Sandwich). We ate at Moby Dick on the first night. It seemed to be mostly take-out. I've seen other Moby Dick restaurants since then, but can't find that there is any kind of presence on the internet if it is a chain.

Favorite Dish: I got the fried clam dinner, and Bob got chicken strips which looked so much like fish fillets that he went and got tartar sauce for them. They came with fries, cole slaw and hush puppies and were too much to eat, so we brought them home.

Taylorsville Favorites

• John195123's Profile Photo

by John195123 Updated Aug 3, 2005

Fondest memory: Taking our Sea Doo and Waverunner out on Taylorsville Lake. It was fun, except for the cops who were rude, mean, not in the least professional, and they really didn't deserve to wear a badge. I bite my thumb at them! Anyway, it's crowded here, but closer to Louisville than Cumberland.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Water Sports
    • Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Taylorsville

Comments

Taylorsville Travel Guide
Map of Taylorsville