West Liberty Restaurants

• Before they were open, usually it's packed!
    Before they were open, usually it's...
    by Ericasmurf99
    New fancy shmancy drive thru
  • Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in West Liberty

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Freezer Fresh Dairy

by Krumlovgirl Updated Aug 16, 2008

As you can probably tell by my other pages, I am nuts about Frosty Freezes. This one was one of the first that I ever went to and whenever I go through West Liberty on my way to visit my dad I always stop and visit it. They have really great onion rings, as well as good french fries and peanut butter milkshakes. On my last visit I had a cheeseburger, french fries, and an Ale-8. I always judge a Frosty Freeze by the quality of their peanut butter milkshakes. Of course, if the Frosty Freeze isn't to your liking, there is a small food court across the street that has several chains inside of it.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Dairy Cheer

by Krumlovgirl Updated Aug 16, 2008

Unfortunately, this place is no longer in existence. Sad.

I love Frosty Freezes, the collective term I use to mean all independently owned and operated dairy restaurants. Although it’s not uncommon for me to drop $150 + on a meal, there’s something about a cheeseburger, plate of French fries, and a peanut butter milkshake that is hard to beat. My dad introduced me to this one. It’s located on a little side street in West Liberty, on the way to the high school, and in the summer it’s a hopping place. The best items to order are the onion rings (says Dad) and the French fries (says I). They’re thick, slightly crunchy on the outside, and perfectly moist on the inside. They also do decent chocolate shakes made with real ice cream. It’s sacrilege to make milkshakes out of mixes, but a lot of places do. That’s why you have to purposefully seek out those places that don’t.

Walls of Grace Tea Room (and book store): Very elegant

by Ericasmurf99 Written May 19, 2008
    The Tea Room

The pastor of the Index Community Church built this nice little place. Very pretty on the inside; very well decorated. Great food and friendly service. The hours seem to always change, but I believe as of now they are closed Sunday-Monday, the rest of the week they are open.

There is also a Christian book store inside.

Freezer Fresh: Freezer Fresh

by Ericasmurf99 Updated May 18, 2008
    Before they were open, usually it's packed!

These little types of places are great. Everything is cheap (i.e. ice cream cones 25 cents), they make it fast and they taste great!

There is no place to sit, you just pull up and park and walk up to one of the two windows to place your order. Then one of the girls will wave you back over when your food is ready.

Did I mention yummy yet?

Favorite Dish: Cheesesticks/Fries/Onion Rings
    Cheeseburger w/everything
    Peanutbutter Milkshakes
    Coleslaw

Giovanni's: Giovanni's

by Ericasmurf99 Updated Apr 10, 2007

Greasy pizza, all the rage when I was in high school (and when fat and calories were no match for me!). But it is pretty good. I heard they moved locations though, so I don't know if it is still on Prestonsburg street or not. I'll get back to you on that.

***I just got back from West Liberty (April 07) and it has moved, but its still Prestonsburg street, just closer up the road. And they have a chicken place inside too that was pretty good.

Favorite Dish: hmmmm Pizza?

Food Court: Food Court

by Ericasmurf99 Updated Feb 11, 2007

This is four fast-food restaraunts in one...good for a family with picky people I guess. One can eat here, one can eat there...you get the idea. Seems like the places are always changing, but currently the four restaraunts are: Arby's, Pizza Inn, Long John Silvers and A&W.

Patties Place: Patties Place

by Ericasmurf99 Updated May 19, 2008
    Patty's Place

Homemade country food; great food, fast and friendly workers. And if you are from the area, there is a good chance you will run into people you know. Everytime I go in here I know someone.

China King: China King

by Ericasmurf99 Written Feb 11, 2007
    China King on Main Street

West Liberty gets some "culture" haha. This place came after I moved away, so I have only eaten there one time when I was in visiting family. It was good!

McDonalds: McDonalds

by Ericasmurf99 Written Feb 11, 2007
    Have you had your break today?

Who writes a tip about McDonalds? lol
    I am including it because it is one of the few places to eat at in West Liberty, plus it is special because I used to work there! ; )

Favorite Dish: Fish Fillet (number 10?)

Instant Answers: West Liberty

Comments

West Liberty Restaurants

Reviews and photos of West Liberty restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for West Liberty sightseeing.