Alexandria Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Alexandria

• BuickMackane's Profile Photo

Bistro on the Bayou at ParcEngland Hotel: Bistro on the Bayou Deserves A 21 Gun Salute!

by BuickMackane Updated Sep 16, 2003

Ladies Night Out!

Bistro on the Bayou works hard to create an air of New Orleans world-class cuisine, service and elegance. The main obstacle was its setting, an austere, unmistakably dated government building which served as a military officers club for the former England Air Force Base, now an industrial park which adjoins Alexandria International Airport. If you don't look at the office-style walls and corridors and concentrate on the splendid food and attentive service, you'll have a magnificent time. We truly enjoyed this special evening and plan to return!

PS: Since our visit, Bistro on the Bayou has added a brand-new upscale hotel called ParcEngland to its grounds. The new building looks very nice and does a lot to enhance the setting of the restaurant. If you don't have to stay in a downtown hotel and prefer to be near the airport, this would probably be an excellent choice for lodging in Alexandria.

Favorite Dish: We had to wait a very long time for our carefully prepared entrees, during which time the grown-ups knocked back plenty of the excellent house Merlot. The waitstaff wisely served the restless children first, with an upscale preparation of what was really just chicken fingers and French fried potatoes. I had an entree I'll remember for a long time, a huge pork chop stuffed with crabmeat and cooked to perfection.

We didn't order dessert, because we were given a special treat. A group at a nearby table was having a family birthday party. According to the waitstaff, they overheard our conversation about our plans to visit the local Harley-Davidson dealership the next day, and they promptly sent slices of cake to our table. You see, their guest of honor was none other than the owner of the Alexandria Harley store himself! How often does that happen?!

Panda Buffet: Food is good but people are great

by jayshell00 Written Jan 12, 2006

OK this is one of those stories that has happened to all of us, we just never like to admit it. My husband and I stopped here for lunch on a Sunday afternoon, before visiting the zoo. We were headed to the counter to the bill when my husband says to me, "Honey, You put my credit card in your wallet yesterday after grocery shopping." So i reach into my purse to discover I had left my wallet in Leesville La. We were so embarressed.... But my husband asked for a manager and he agreed to let us create an IOU account by signing a small contract saying we would be responsible for the bill and it would be payed in twenty four hours. We were able to drive home and call our credit card number in to him. I was so greatful because thru it all, the manager remained calm and respectful. He never seemed angry or annoyed and he didn't act as if he thought we were dishonest. For me this was a fairly tramatic experiance, the way it was handled has made this my favorite resurant in Alex..

Favorite Dish: This is a super buffet so come hungry and save room for the Cheese Wontons.

Applebee's: Great Steak Escape

LOgo From Napkin Taken from restarant

Wow, Did I mention Wow! I stopped here to eat last Saturday and was impressed to no end. The service was fast and friendly. We were seated immedately and my son was given crayons and a personal menu. The server came around with drinks and kept them topped off while we took an extreamly long time to decide what we wanted to order. The food was hot and fresh and thay made the dietary changes we asked for with out complaint. We had steak sauce and ketchup with out asking for them and even a too go box for my cat Tigger.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the honey chicken and the steak combo, while my husband ordered the salmon and shrimp combo. My son had a cheeseburger basket. I had the oppertunity to try all the dishes and I must say my favorite was the buttermilk batter dipped shrimp that my husband had. Jason said he enjoyed the salmon the best and my son prefered the fries. Tigger however liked the chicken so I would say it is safe bet that any menu item would be just right.

• BuickMackane's Profile Photo

Sentry Grill

by BuickMackane Updated Feb 16, 2008

There was a coffee shop across the street from the Hotel Bentley which appeared to be part of the Sentry Drug Store. The sign said 'home cooking,' so we went in search of local cuisine. Mighty good, y'all!

China Prince: China Prince a Royal Flop

traced reproduction page colored by William age 3

I was recomended the China Prince by a local and sad to say I was not left with the positive experiance she was. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon after the church crowd cleared out. When given the choice of smoking or non my husband made the serious mistake of asking for smokeing. We were escourted to a empty room way in the rear of the restarant , given our drinks and forgotten. Thankfully this is a buffet restarant otherwise I doubt we would have been served at all. The food was decent. but much of it had been sitting on the bar far to long. Finally in frustation I started to refill my own drink when a waitress appeared to seat another couple. She snached up my drink refilled it and cleared away the plates meanwhile muttering chinese under her breath. I don't claim to speak chinese but from her tone I doubt it was a traveling prayer. We asked for our check which was like $30, payed and left. My husband who is an overtipper was so upset he left without leaving one. ( I had to pick up my jaw off the floor)

Favorite Dish: LIke I said before the food was decent. Some dishes such as the peper teak was quite good but some of it especially the fried foods had been sitting around too long. My favorite dish Crab rangoo/wontons was terrible here. They had a good selection for a chinese bar, and with better service and lunch rush I imagin it proubly is a great place, But for us it was a unpleasent experiance.

CiCi's Pizza: Pizza Buffet Fluke

cici pizza

First of all let me tell you that our favorite pizza place has always been Cici's. I can tell you that as a chain they are some best pizza places in the world not to mention the fact that it's a great place for children's parties. Where else can you get all you can eat pizza for 3.99 and have it made anyway you want.
    This Cici's is the exception to the rule in my pizza world. It is not the introduction to this chain I care to give to people. This perticular restarant rolls there crusts too thin. It gives the pizza a paperlike feel. But mabye you like thin crusts. I can tell you that they use fresh toppings, change the salad bar regularly and most importainly they will make you any kind of pizza you desire and bring it out to your table at no extra charge. The people are friendly and often greet you as you enter and thank you as you leave. They have a kids Yeah! polocy and have discount pricing for them. I am still a loyal customer and always will be....

Favorite Dish: Alfrado Pizza or white sauce pizza. It is a pizza that used a parmashian type sauce that contains no tomatoes and is topped with motizerella cheese.

Ok so my spelling stinks,

Instant Answers: Alexandria

Comments

Alexandria Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Alexandria restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Alexandria sightseeing.