Baton Rouge Shopping

by grandmaR
    by grandmaR
    by ElizabethD4

Most Recent Shopping in Baton Rouge

• Smell Goodies: Smell Goodies Galore!

by ElizabethD4 Written Jun 2, 2012

From the moment I walked in I new I was in the right place!
    They have THE largest selection of Tyler Candles I have ever seen! Not to mention the newest scents and products Tyler has to offer. I absolutely love the antique bath tub filled with bath bombs!

What to buy: I highly recommend the bath bombs I couldn't wait to to try mine once I got home and I have to say bubbles bubbles bubbles!!

And FLAX Linen the best clothing here in the south I must say for this hot weather!

What to pay: Depend on what you buy!

• Women's Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Shop at the Top: At the top of the State Capital

by grandmaR Updated Feb 24, 2008

This shop is run by the Foundation for Historical Louisiana which is Baton Rouge's preservation organization. In addition to T-shirts and the like, I understand they carry several books by and about Huey Long - one, a thick 1,000-page biography; another dedicated solely to the assassination; and a thin paperback, written by Huey Long, himself called Share Our Wealth.

In addition to this shop, the Foundation activities include:

The Heritage Lecture Series Historic Marker Programs, the "Remember When" column in the Sunday Advocate, yearly Preservation Awards, Lagniappe Tours, Annual Battle of Baton Rouge Commemorative Ceremony, Stewardship for Historic Magnolia and Highland Cemeteries, the Old Governor's Mansion Gala, a Holiday Open House, Pentagon Barracks Museum, West Wing Gift Shop, Docent Program at the Mansion, Representation on the Louisiana State Museum Board, Baton Rouge Convention & Visitor's Commission, Heidelberg Hotel/Capitol House Advisory Committee.

• cynthi's Profile Photo

Tanger Outlet Mall: Outlet Mall close to Baton Rouge

by cynthi Written May 27, 2007

There is a Tanger Outlet Mall in Gonzales, Louisiana (exit 177 on I-10) about 20 minutes away from Baton Rouge. Gonzales is between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. If you try to hit all the stores in the outlet mall, your feet will feal like they are about to fall off by the end of the day.

• WFTR's Profile Photo

Books-A-Million: books, books, books

by WFTR Written Apr 2, 2003

I'm something of a book lover, and I've always liked Books-A-Million book stores. I'm not sure what makes me like this chain more than I like the others, but I've always kind of liked it. It's more regional than the other big book stores, and its Southeastern base is probably what attracts me.

I've only been to the South Mall Drive store off Seigen Lane. This store isn't particularly special in any way. It's a big room full of books with a gourmet coffee shop in the front corner. However, for book lovers like me, a big room full of books is fun.

Because VT gives us ridiculously little space for directions, I'll give a few here. This store is one of many off Seigen Lane in a large "mall" area that is difficult to reach. Going from Baton Rouge towards New Orleans, Seigen Lane is on the edge of the city. Upon exiting I-10, one should stay towards the right and head for a sign that says "South Mall Drive." This lane goes under an overpass and gives access to the back side of a this area of big stores. Coming from New Orleans, one exits and makes a left under the interstate. Two lanes on the far left lead to the stores, and they are divided from the rest of Seigen Lane. Staying left is the secret to reaching the stores.

• cynthi's Profile Photo

Mall of Louisiana and Cortana Mall: Mall Rats

by cynthi Written Mar 22, 2003

I am sooo not big into the Mall, but I will include that Baton Rouge has two Malls. The "new" mall is the Mall of Louisiana - located on Bluebonnet Road by Interstate I-10. Cortana mall is basically on the corner of Airline Highway and Flordia Bullivard (190 & 61). They are malls... what else can I say?

Instant Answers: Baton Rouge

Comments

Baton Rouge Shopping

Reviews and photos of Baton Rouge shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Baton Rouge sightseeing.