Covington Restaurants

• Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Covington

Annadele's Plantation: Southern Comfort at its Best

by msbrandysue Written Nov 19, 2009

On the first floor of the plantation home is the wonderfully romantic restaurant at Annadele's. It was my first elegant night out by myself, though, and it was just as special to me as most of the other couples celebrating their anniversaries.

The waiters are so nice and attentive. If you don't feel like eating a big meal while staying here they also have a bar where you can enjoy company and have a few drinks in a small, quiet area.

Very much recommended!

Lunch available Thursday-Friday
    Dinners Tuesday-Saturday
    Sunday Brunch

Favorite Dish: I had the salmon dish with a white wine. It was wonderful. The salmon was cooked beautifully.

Downtown Covington's Restaurant Scene: Downtown Treasures

by msbrandysue Written Nov 20, 2009

Downtown Covington has an array of local restaurants owned by local citizens and deserve much attention. Many of the restaurants have certain hours so I would highly suggest to contact the businesses or check the windows while shopping earlier in the day.

Favorite Dish: The Italian restaurant Ristorante del Porto was highly suggested to me but the hours were inconvenient to my schedule.

Cafe Rani is a great stop for coffee or a light lunch/dinner with healthier options.

Cafe Rani: Great, Chic Coffeeshop

by msbrandysue Written Nov 20, 2009

I read about Cafe Rani from the website below when I was planning my trip. Because there are parking lots nearby I decided to visit this casual coffeehouse and deli.

When I visited for an early lunch I was pleasantly surprised with the items on the menu. I was simply going to have a cup of coffee but the sandwiches look too enticing. I made my order at the counter. I received my coffee in a few minutes then chose one of the small tables in the dainty dining area.

There were a few others enjoying their coffee or meal and I just sat and made plans for my exciting trip. After about 10 minutes my meal was delivered and I enjoyed a quiet meal with my Ipod and travel book. It was heaven.

Favorite Dish: I had the club with homemade bbq chips. And the iced coffee was so good I had to go back for seconds.

Farmers Market: Wednesday/Saturday Local Lunches

by msbrandysue Written Dec 22, 2009

I know I've included this tip elsewhere but had to add it to restaurants too because so many locals use the farmers' markets for meals.

I attended the Wednesday market which had lots of prepared foods and desserts made by local citizens. They also have live music playing at both that kind of adds to the experience. Many of the local business people come over and have lunch here. There are tables set out for you to purchase and enjoy your meals.

Saturday market is much bigger and has more traditional items like veggies, fruits, plants, and local crafts. I would definitely check this one out if you're in the town Saturday mornings. Looks great.

From the website I learned that you can even take your pets. :)

Definitely check out the website! It's very cute and has the vendors/schedule for each market.

Saturday Market 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
    Covington City Hall
    609 North Columbia Street

Wednesday Market 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
    The Covington Trailhead
    419 N. New Hampshire

Favorite Dish: Definitely the Mexican dishes and the pies! :) Can't find a meal cheaper than here AND to know you're money is going back to local businesses makes me feel better, probably you too.

LOLA: Food from the Caboose

by msbrandysue Written Dec 27, 2009

While looking around downtown Covington towards the Trailhead I came up a lonely caboose attached to a building. It was interesting and my curiosity got the best of me. I snapped a photo before leaving and thought I would research it once I returned home.

Upon further investigation I found that this caboose is actually the kitchen for a local favorite restaurant LOLA.

* I did not eat here but thought it may of some help when planning your vacation. :)

Favorite Dish: The lunch menu is more salads/sandwiches supporting locally grown food. The dinner menu is more cajun/Lousiana home-cooking with seafood and lamb.

• ChartIt's Profile Photo

Sweet Daddy's BBQ: Awesome comfort foods with a twist

by ChartIt Written Dec 13, 2011

The place is a relatively narrow building and it feels very much like a little hole in the wall. We discovered this little gem by recommendation. They insisted it was the best Mac & Cheese in town. It is absolutely wonderful. It was one of the few foods my grandfather was happy to eat in his last days. The people were incredibly friendly; they even gave us directions to an auto parts shop nearby. We visited on a miserable rainy day and we were all pretty sad as we were anticipating the death of my grandfather; but these people and their establishment were like a ray of sunshine. They made us smile, served us hot awesome food. Though I am not completely picky about my Beef Brisket after living in Texas for two years, I find it hard to give good reviews of it from anywhere. Their beef brisket was a little dry, my dad had some of their chicken and it was tender and juicy. I would go back to the place in a heartbeat. They rotate their homemade pies and we were impressed by their Chocolate Pecan Pie. We had anticipated the Pecans being sprinkled on the top (which is more common than one might think), but they had completely saturated the pie with pecans and chocolate chunks. We actually pureed a piece so my grandpa could have some too. I hadn’t seen him smile so much in years as when he ate that pie.

Favorite Dish: Their Mac & Cheese is awesome. It is not your typical recipe as it is heavenly creamy and kicked up with some Cajun seasoning. The Corn Fritters are also spectacular (think fried cream corn balls). This place may not be waistline friendly but it is a delightful comforting treat.

Instant Answers: Covington

Comments

Covington Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Covington restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Covington sightseeing.