Deville Local Customs

Thanksgiving: Fried Turkey!
    by BuickMackane
    Don't ask, just do as the Devillians do.
    by BillyBobJoeBrown

Most Recent Local Customs in Deville

• BillyBobJoeBrown's Profile Photo

No Rules!

by BillyBobJoeBrown Written Feb 8, 2004

Don't ask what's in the food. They might just play a joke on you and tell you it's alligator eyes. Or they might tell you it's chicken. It might swim or fly, or a little of both. They've got a great sense of humor down here. Know this for future reference: a four-wheeler is a mode of transportation down here. It's not a tractor. It's only illegal to ride on the roads if they catch you.

Don't ask, just do as the Devillians do.
    • Beer Tasting
    • Sky Diving

• BuickMackane's Profile Photo

Thanksgiving: Fried TURKEY???

by BuickMackane Written Dec 9, 2002

Maybe Southerners don't see anything unusual about this, but Thanksgiving in Deville really astonished me. My cousins stopped by a friend's house, where we encountered the family preparing for their holiday meal. The husband was out back cooking the turkey, but in a way I had never seen before. He had the turkey in a deep fryer powered by a propane tank! It was so strange to me that I immediately snapped a photo. When the turkey was done, they encouraged me to try a piece, and I must say it was DELICIOUS! Outside, the turkey was basted in Cajun seasoning, and inside it was filled with a delicious marinade. What a holiday treat it was! When we got back to our cousins, we had a traditional meal, but I'll never forget the sight of Fried Turkey!!

Thanksgiving:  Fried Turkey!

Instant Answers: Deville

Deville Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Deville local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Deville sightseeing.