Lafayette Warnings and Dangers

inside my moms house that I grew up in
    my poor ol house
    2 doors down from my house

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Lafayette

Hurricane number 2 "IKE"

by BarryAir Updated Sep 6, 2008

Well, we just made it thru Gustav, and now comes Ike. We were fortunate to only have our electricity out for 17 hours for Gustav, and very little damage. I fixed up my fence and cut up the tree limbs at my house and three of my neighbors houses that couldnt do for themself due to age or illness. My pool was full of leaves but now its all cleaned up and we swim to beat the heat and humidity. Compare the photos of Gustav and Ike, and it looks like they are following each other to my house!!!! Someone please send me a picture of a nice Villa in Italy for sale. This is getting old.

• BarryAir's Profile Photo

Hurricane Gustav is coming!!!!!

by BarryAir Written Aug 28, 2008

Here we go again. This one is aimed right for us. Looks like the winds will hit us starting monday or maybe late sunday. Maybe you could come visit and live thru one of these sometime. Its a strange feeling, year after year.

HERE WE GO AGAIN............

• Summer & Winter may be dissappointing.

by vitabellagirl Written Nov 6, 2007

While the bird sanctuary & swamp areas are pretty cool year round, Spring & Fall are really the best time to see the Jungle Gardens-especiallly Spring. The Azaleas & Camelias are amazing. Its like a sea of pink & white.

Hurricanes love us

by BarryAir Written Nov 25, 2005

I have been thru about 15 Hurricanes living in Louisiana. Most of them were close but not so bad except for three or four that really caused me greif. I went thru Betsy in New Orleans when I was about 15 years old. The water then was about 12 feet deep in most of the Parish. My house was lucky as the water only made it to our doorstep and stopped there. In Katrina the water went over the roof peak (over 20 feet). The house is compleatly ruined and will be bulldozed flat. I could tell you a hundred horror stories about things that happened in New Orleans. Over a hundred people died on the dock in Chalmette (my home town where I grew up) I was despertly trying all day long trying to fly in help, but the goverment officials blocked all efforts. After Katrina, Hurricane Rita went on our west side. My house in Lafayette did well, losing only about 50 roof tiles. We live here wondering what next year (hurricane season) will bring. Meanwhile we try to do our best with what we have.

inside my moms house that I grew up in my poor ol house 2 doors down from my house another picture of my old house a friend of mine's house

• Serial Killer in the area

by gingerspice451 Updated Jan 25, 2003

I hate to tell you this, but there is a serial killer in the area. He is known to have a white step-side pick up truck and goes after women only so far. Found at the sites were footprints. The size 10 or 11 tread mark on the footprint matched eight possible Adidas brand athletic shoes. He has killed 3 girls in the Baton Rouge area and one in the Lafayette area. Please be careful. For more information, please check out the local news websites.

Sketch of Suspect

Instant Answers: Lafayette

Comments

Lafayette Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Lafayette warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lafayette sightseeing.