Leesville Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Leesville

Leesville Cafe: A thanksgiving turkey

by jayshell00 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    leesville cafe

I found this place by total accident, but wow! You see, three days before Thanksgiving my son desides he must have Turkey Now!!!! So we were calling every place in town looking for it. That of course was after we picked our jaws off the ground. ( William is four, and getting him to anything but junk can be rough.) And Jason ( husband) finds the Leesville Cafe in the phone book.... It's this little Cafe on main street that serves lunch, they have a small catering type buffet. And a good turkey and ham spread if I don't say so myself. It's worth a stop and look see...

Favorite Dish: They only do lunch so come early and save me some dressing.

Los Moss: Not lost on Los Moss

mexican food

I have to tell you that this restaurant was a suprise. They had a friendly staff and average food but the price... Whatever! Los Moss is in a run down looking building attached to a bar. They have authintic food sure but the charge for things like refills on drinks. What kind of sit down place begrudges a extra drink with something spicey. I was not impressed.

Favorite Dish: I had a taco salad that was mostly lettace and the salsa reminded me of Pace just so you know.

Captain D's: Good Cheap Seafood

leesville captain d's

I know it sounds funny but to be honest there are not alot of dining choices in Leesville. And for the price you can't get better seafood especially since they started that new broiled menu. And of course The food is fast and they have a drive thru. I also find they have a really nice staff.

Favorite Dish: They have good popcorn shrimp and I only like fried clams made here. My husband likes the broiled sampler platter, and my son loves the chicken and fries. P>S> most dinners do not include drinks and check the paper for money saving offers.

• jayshell00's Profile Photo

Wagon Master: If you like to wait....

Wagon Wheel

Wagon Master has good food I am not disputing that, but I feel compeled to warn you that its going to be a long wait. And I don't mean to be seated.... My husband and I have eaten at this restaurant on three seperate occasions and have left less then thrilled all three times. We were seated quickly, given peanuts, buiscuits and sodas. They promptly take your order, then I guess they go out and wait for that steak to come from Texas on foot. It has never taken less then 35 minutes for us to get or dinners and once it took an hour. The first two times we wrote it off as a bad night but the third... Well lets just say we eat elsewhere now.

Favorite Dish: If you can stomic the wait or arrive less then starved I suggest the ribs, the steak or shrimp. Avoid the dinner salads at all cost, the ranch dressing is watery and the lettuce willty. Also avoid the country fried steak, its all breading and the meat is mostly ground fat. Maybe you like it that way but I personally wasen't impressed.

Several Fast food joints: Other fast food in Leesville

fast food signs

There are several other fast food joints in Leesville, Such as McDonald- has a play place. Wendys -try their baked potato, Dairy Queen-accepts cash or checks! no plastic, Sonic- try the lemonberry slush, Burger king-has the best fries, Taco Bell-best mexican in town, and Popeyes chicken-My best Friend favorite.

Kentucky fried Chicken: Chicken With Personality

picture from chicken site

I was recently cleaning out my storage and needed boxes so I sent out my husband to the local fast food joints. He says he tried three that just blew him off, but on the way home he stopped at KFC as a last ditch effort. The manager was super nice and helpful. My husband was so impressed with the manager that we went back for dinner and have been eating there ever since. We love there Buffet! We got our boxes and they got loyal customers.

Favorite Dish: My Favorite dish is the crispy chicken! My son loves the fruit snacks that come in his kids meals. And my husband can eat his weight at the buffet.

Pizza Hut: Great Pizza, Slow service

PIzza

The Pizza Hut in Leesville has great food but there service stinks. It can take forever in a day to be seated or to get drinks. ANd they are always backed up on orders so plan to spend a while chatting before you eat. We have eaten here three times (actually two, I got mad and walked out once)and it has taken almost 20 minutes to get seated and have our order taken. And plan to get your own refills.

Favorite Dish: My favorte thing about Pizza Hut is that there is another one in De Ridder (15 minutes away) that has awesome service.

Catfish Junction: Catfish Junction makes a huge splash

by jayshell00 Written May 9, 2005
    Alligator

Catfish Junction is by far our favorite place to eat in Leesville. They have a layed back roadhouse feel but still family orinted enough to bring along the kids. THey have menus that resemble placemats and the walls are filled with train and bayou memrobilia. They still throw fresh roasted peanuts on the floor and drink from mason jars, And the food, wow! They have steak, seafood and some true southern traditions like stuffed crab, frog legs, gumbo and gator. Not to mention Estoffe and steamed crawfish. All meals come with trip to the cute little salad cart.

Favorite Dish: Our Favorite dish by far is the Alligator platter. It is breaded deep fried alligator that resembles chicken nuggets, but has a diffrent texture. It also comes with a roll and fries. The platters are very large and can feed two people. But if you are not ready for a whole meal yet they do sell samples for you to try. I also like their chicken fried steak which comes with a baked potato,r oll and corn on the cob.for thos enot sure I suggest a seafood sampler which has a bit of every thing.

Instant Answers: Leesville

Comments

Leesville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Leesville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Leesville sightseeing.