Madisonville Travel Guide

• Madisonville
  • Local Customs

Madisonville Restaurants

by msbrandysue Written Jan 3, 2010

This place was recommended in 1000 Things to See Before You Die, so I had to try it. I went in the off hours so I was the only one eating there. Some teenage girls (waitresses) were doing homework and talking about boys while I was reading and enjoying my meal. When I walked in one of the girls showed me to a table. I ordered a Root Beer (which came from a can and was accompanied by a glass of ice. I ordered a seafood platter which consisted of 2 catfish filets, fried shrimp and a crab cake. It also came with a salad before the entree came. The caesar was a good choice. All of the food the was fantastic. It even came with a great number of hushpuppies which I LOVE...

Overall, the place definitely had a personality. Everyone was very friendly and you could actually look out the window and see the water where the seafood was caught. Bathrooms were good, too, though probably was a jacket closet before becoming a restaurant. :)

Definitely worth a stop if you're in the area. But I can imagine that it must get busy! It says you can call ahead for seating, so you may want to if desired.

Monday: Closed
    Tuesday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
    Wednesday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
    Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
    Friday: 11:00am - 9:30pm
    Saturday: 11:00am - 9:30pm
    Sunday: Closed

Favorite Dish: The catfish, shrimp, crab cake, hushpuppies, all. Just remembering it makes me hungry. :)

Madisonville Local Customs

by msbrandysue Written Jan 3, 2010

As you come upon the city's downtown area you see more historic-older buildings and they are very well kept. Here is a picture of the public library. Beautiful, although not the best picture as I was driving.

• Sailing and Boating

by msbrandysue Written Jan 3, 2010

Georgeous homes and most of the people I saw in Madisonville were connected with the water. The homes are just amazing, as are the boats parked in front of them. :)

by msbrandysue Written Jan 3, 2010

As on the intro the homes in Madisonville are of another time (at least for me, resident of Houston, Texas). They are beautiful and very well kept, at least the ones I saw. Just awesome!

Crappy picture but I was driving and in awe

Instant Answers: Madisonville

Comments

Madisonville Travel Guide
Map of Madisonville