Metairie Travel Guide

Rm 115 - two beds

Metairie Hotels

Metairie Restaurants

by TravellerMel Written Mar 1, 2009

One of a local chain - this is my favorite location. Warm and comfortable decor inside, smallish - a nice place for a casual date. Staff is friendly and the food is GOOD and reasonably priced. Very convenient to Corks 'n Canvas, so would be a nice place to meet up prior to your painting soiree!

Favorite Dish: I had the pecan-crusted chicken salad, which was very tasty. My companions had the Chinese chicken salad with hoisin sauce, (which she said was so good, she wouldn't share with me!), and the Bacon and Brie burger, which was so large she took some home for lunch the next day. Unsweet iced tea was brewed fresh and garnished with mint.

Sun Ray Grill
    • Women's Travel
    • Singles

by TravellerMel Written Sep 19, 2008

One of my 2 favorite Mexican restaurants in/around New Orleans. My co-worker and I go here frequently for lunch (they have a FANTASTIC lunch menu). The main dining room looks like a Mexican square, complete with fountain in the middle of the room. There is always piped-in music, never too loud. Service is friendly and fast (usually), and the food is very tasty. I love the chimichanga - on the lunch menu with rice & beans $8.30.

Favorite Dish: I love the shredded beef or chicken chimichanga - on the lunch menu with rice & beans $8.30. I also like the fajitas, although I personally can never finish them. When I go for dinner, I love to get the margaritas - they are very good!

• Metairie Hotels

21 Hotels in Metairie

Metairie Shopping

by TravellerMel Updated Jul 5, 2011

This is the newest location of the Fleurty Girl stores - she (Lauren) quickly outgrew the Oak Street location, and has opened stores on Magazine Street and in the French Quarter. The friendly staff and excellent merchandise (at very reasonable prices) are the reasons for her success. I love the t-shirt line and have picked up a new one each trip back.

What to buy: New Orleans inspired t-shirts have become a hit, both in the city and online. The shirts make unique gifts for New Orleanians in exile, for those who have ever visited and love the city, or for those who like to feel "in the know" - my favorites are "Don't Eat the Straight Ones" (excellent advice for anyone eating boiled shrimp), and "Sidewalk Side" (as opposed to "Neutral Ground Side", referring to your preferred location for viewing Mardi Gras parades).

Large selection of fleur de lis accessories, and local art - I bought the coolest fascinator headband for only $10!

What to pay: $22 for a t-shirt; $10 for a fleur de lis bracelet, earrings, or headband

Fleurty Girl storefront in Metairie

Instant Answers: Metairie

Comments

Metairie Travel Guide
Map of Metairie