New Iberia Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in New Iberia

• Freddie's Not Yet Famous BBQ: Don't Miss out on Great BBQ

by Budy587 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Building

Great food at Freddie's Not Yet Famous BBQ Restaurant. The homemade BBQ and sauce made my tripgreat in New Iberia, La. They have inside Dining as well as outside dinning. The atmosphere is casual and cool looking. Feels like a one of a kind experience.

Favorite Dish: BBQ Ribs or BBQ Brisket Sandwitch is awsome.

• Festivals

Ryan's Steakhouse, Seafood and Bakery: Buffet Chain

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Deserts

I was unaware of this chain (I thought it was a local place) until after we ate at this one in New Iberia. It is apparently like the Golden Coral, the difference being that you can get the meat on the buffet in addition to at the counter. The restaurants are from PA to GA and from Iowa to the eastern part of TX but the only one in MD is in Hagerstown (which I don't get to very often), although there is one in Summerville where my son lives.

Favorite Dish: They have different menus for the different days of the week, and this is about what they had when we were there on Saturday - Carved Turkey w/ Gravy, Cornbread Dressing, Baked Chicken (seasoning may vary), Mahvelous Meatloaf, Baked Salmon or Whitefish, Sliced Ham, Grilled Chicken Breasts, Homestyle Chuck Roast w/ Vegetables, Fried Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie, Pizza, Smoked Rope Sausage

Meat Lasagna, Mexican Casserole, Vegetable Lasagna

Dinner for two (just the buffet) was $25.01 including tip.

• Business Travel

• The Pelican Grill: It's one of my favorite.

by Tshoop Updated Apr 4, 2011

I don't know why I like this new reatuarant, but I do. It's a nice atmosphere small, but cute. The food is really nice, great location, and good prices.

Favorite Dish: The Uncle's BBQ burger. Uncle's BBQ sauce is a local sauce with a unique flavor, try it, it's kind of spicy.

Lagniappe Too Restaurant & Café: On Main Street

by grandmaR Updated Jul 21, 2007

Cafe from across the street

We did not eat here because it was not open, and I am not sure if that was because of the hour/day (it was Saturday close to 4 pm) or if it is permanently closed. The stores on either side were for sale and I do not know if they were a part of this restaurant or not.

Favorite Dish: It is known for its Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, Seafood Gumbo, Corn and Crab Bisque, house vinaigrette and mayonnaise. According to a review I read, "The banana-mango cake is a world-class dessert and is not to be missed if it's on the menu when you visit."

Duffy's Diner: Cajan Style

by grandmaR Updated Sep 28, 2005

Table 'furniture

We had dinner at Duffy's Diner. This is something like Bert's (diner) in Mechanicsville MD except with Tabasco sauce and red beans and rice. A family run operation which is very cheap and good. They have drive in service too, but they are not open on Sunday. They advertise as being a place to get sandwiches, but it is more than that.

Favorite Dish: They said that they had a new soup - a corn shrimp chowder. So I ordered that. Unfortunately, it only came as a bowl - I could not get it as a cup. And because it was good, I ate almost all of it, so then I had no room for the two piece chicken dinner and red beans and rice I ordered, and could not eat it all. I also had a brown cow. (a float - pictured in a mug) I specified root beer, but they also make it with coke. Bob had a shrimp basket and a hot fudge sundae. The whole meal was $22.73.

In addition to the soup in the Tabasco sauce labeled bowl, and the float, pictures include the neon sign at night on the front of the building, with a picture of a picture inside the building with lights on it (as an inset), the ceiling fan with coke bottles pictured on the fan blades and the table 'furniture' which included two Tabasco bottles (green and red), a napkin dispenser in the form of a coke machine, and an advertisement for shrimp etouffee.

Shoney's Restaurant: Ordinary Cooking

by grandmaR Written Dec 25, 2004

Bob outside the restaurant

On Sunday I wanted to go back to Duffy's but they weren't open so we ended up here.

Restaurant Hours
    Sunday 06:00 AM – 10:00 PM
    Monday 06:00 AM – 10:00 PM
    Tuesday 06:00 AM – 10:00 PM
    Wednesday 06:00 AM – 10:00 PM
    Thursday 06:00 AM – 10:00 PM
    Friday 06:00 AM – 11:00 PM
    Saturday 06:00 AM – 11:00 PM

Favorite Dish: We had a somewhat unsatisfactory dinner at Shoneys. Bob asked for the All American Burger and said no to the cheese and they gave him a cheeseburger anyway. I had Bubba's BLT, which was OK. The meal was under $19 including tip.

Chili's: Near the Highway

by grandmaR Updated Dec 25, 2004

Chili's from the road

This Chili's has a huge chili pepper on the roof, which is why I took the picture. We didn't eat here. I don't know if this is a new style of Chili's or if the chili pepper is only on this particular restaurant, but I don't remember seeing it before. It does seem appropriate for the area

• Business Travel

• Bon Creole: Delicious Seafood!!!

by Tshoop Written Feb 20, 2003

Very informal place that serves up some of the best Seafood in the world. You won't feel out of place wearing shorts. Great Prices!

Favorite Dish: Shrimp Po-boy. Sandwich overloaded with shrimp. Half a PO-Boy Only $3.90. When in season their boiled crawfish is delicious too!

Duffy's Diner: Cajun Diner food at it's best

by Shaft28 Written Jan 31, 2003

logo

Burgers, fries, po' boys, fried chicken , seafood- you name it, they have it deep fried.
    In fact, the menu states that all items can be deep fried.
    I have a fantastic roast beef po' boy, amazing sweet potato fries and the BEST shake ever.
    Even their lite menu looks fattening, but it isn't.
    Love this place.

Favorite Dish: fried okra!

Victor's Cafe: Cafeteria Food

by Shaft28 Written Jan 31, 2003

A flow of people in and out would make you think this palce is great. Not so.
    Just a cafeteria style place that serves some cajun food and other pre-made dishes. Not anything special, but work if your in a pinch for time or money.
    Waitresses are older and sweet as can be, I'll give them that.

Favorite Dish: The cheesecake. Surprisingly good.

Clementine's: Crawfish cakes

by Shaft28 Written Jan 15, 2003

Back room of Clemetine's

The local food is Cajun and Southern. Lots of deep fried goodness and amazing Cajun cuisine. Clementine's is serving our rehearsal dinner and catering out wedding. We love the food, a very nice restraunt in town.

Favorite Dish: I love the crawfish cakes, but the chicken and sausage gumbo can't be beat.

Instant Answers: New Iberia

Comments

New Iberia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of New Iberia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for New Iberia sightseeing.