Street Cars, New Orleans

Know about this? Rate It!

• Street Cars
    by Kentbein
  • Paul2001's Profile Photo

Riding the St Charles Avenue Streetcar

by Paul2001 Updated Jan 17, 2014

Favorite thing: Normally I would put a street car ride in the transportation chapter of any of my city pages. Not the St Charles Avenue streetcar. This trolley travels through New Orleans' historic Garden and Uptown districts and it is an attraction in itself. The cost of your trip for an adult is a paltry $1.25. Along the way you will see some of the most beautiful home in the American South.
    I took the St Charles Avenue streetcar to the Audubon Park, located on the west side of the Uptown district. At the time the last end of this trolley trip was interrupted with construction to the tracks (hence the problem with streetcars in big cities as we in Toronto are aware) and I had to continue my trip via bus. I think this construction will continue well into 2014.

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

Unique Grocery Store

by aphrodyte Written Nov 6, 2003

A Gem Of A Convenience Store

Favorite thing: We found this gem of a convenience store on the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (NORTA). When I decided on the hotel that we were going to stay at...my next concern was public transportation. (Walking around can get tiresome)

I knew we were going to be using busses and streetcars so the most natural thing to do was get the visitour passes. With visitour passes you can have unlimited use of any bus or streetcar within its validity and you don't have to think about exact change.

Unique Grocery was the closest one to our hotel that sold the passes. They were very friendly and attentive. You don't have to go to this particular grocery store to purchase the passes as a matter of fact there are several areas to where you can buy them. The bus and street car operators offer the one day passes.

(One way - can cost between $1.25 to $2.00)

VisiTour Pass