Know about this? Rate It!
El Matador: Olé
We stumbled upon this joint one night and were so happy we did. Dark, smoky and filled with an eclectic mix of folks, we might have been the only tourists in there.....Add to that the wildly off-beat, yet talented and entertaining band, and you have what New Orleans nightlife is all about.
El Matador: Stranger Side of Local, Live Music
The main part of the bar is this big circular area, with all kinds of places to visit with friends or see the show located on the periphery. This place use to be a drag/cabaret place and the clientele has changed some, but not totally, which makes for a really cool mix. It won the 2000 "Best Trendy Spot" award by the main local newspaper.
Dress Code: None
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
New Orleans Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Napa Hotels
- Barbados Hotels
- Point Dume State Beach Hotels
- Bet Shemesh Hotels