Bon Ton Cafe, New Orleans

by PinkFloydActuary
  • PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Bon Ton Cafe: Best meal of the trip

by PinkFloydActuary Written Jul 4, 2012

We hit the Bon Ton Cafe right after 5:00, so for a while, we were the only ones in the place. It's a quaint little restaurant, with a brick interior, and some of the friendliest, chattiest folks we saw. Our waitress patiently answered our many questions about the offerings. Food was delivered promptly, and by about 6:00, the place was filling up quickly. I would definitely recommend reservations if you don't get there right when it opens.

Favorite Dish: For dinner, there are many fine local choices, but my eyes kept going back to the crawfish dinner, which was crawfish four ways: Etouffee, Jambalaya, Laurie, Omelette. I had tried the first two, but the latter were just too intriguing for me to pass up. Thankfully, I didn't. The platter comes with the four dishes segmented off each other by toast. I started with the Laurie, which was the best of the bunch. I am very happy to say though, that none of the others was really much of a step down. The omelette was basically a ball of crawfish meat held together by an egg - stupendous! You also get a side dish with this feast - and the creamed cauliflower is an excellent choice.

The flavor in the food is something you have to experience for yourself. There are many great meals I have had in New Orleans, but this one ranks at the top.

Crawfish dinner at Bon Ton Cafe

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Bon Ton Cafe
4.0 out of 5 stars