Bon Ton Cafe, New Orleans

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Bon Ton Cafe: Best meal of the trip

by PinkFloydActuary Written Jul 4, 2012

Crawfish dinner at Bon Ton Cafe

We hit the Bon Ton Cafe right after 5:00, so for a while, we were the only ones in the place. It's a quaint little restaurant, with a brick interior, and some of the friendliest, chattiest folks we saw. Our waitress patiently answered our many questions about the offerings. Food was delivered promptly, and by about 6:00, the place was filling up quickly. I would definitely recommend reservations if you don't get there right when it opens.

Favorite Dish: For dinner, there are many fine local choices, but my eyes kept going back to the crawfish dinner, which was crawfish four ways: Etouffee, Jambalaya, Laurie, Omelette. I had tried the first two, but the latter were just too intriguing for me to pass up. Thankfully, I didn't. The platter comes with the four dishes segmented off each other by toast. I started with the Laurie, which was the best of the bunch. I am very happy to say though, that none of the others was really much of a step down. The omelette was basically a ball of crawfish meat held together by an egg - stupendous! You also get a side dish with this feast - and the creamed cauliflower is an excellent choice.

The flavor in the food is something you have to experience for yourself. There are many great meals I have had in New Orleans, but this one ranks at the top.

• mhughes33's Profile Photo

Bon Temp and Mothers. Do...

by mhughes33 Written Sep 7, 2002

Bon Temp and Mothers. Do Mother's (on Poydras) for lunch - po boy and gumbo and bread pudding and Bon Temp (also on Poydras, both just outside the Quarter) for dinner!
    Mother's is world famous and fast paced. Bon Temp is quaint and i think the waitstaff has been there forever!

Favorite Dish: Mother's has the best gumbo and Bon Temp has the best soft shell crab.

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Bon Ton Cafe
4.0 out of 5 stars