Brennan's, New Orleans

Bananas Foster - unresistable
  • ChrisSheena's Profile Photo

Brennans: Best Brunch Ever

by ChrisSheena Written Apr 28, 2013

Open for breakfast and dinner, we had brunch here and HIGHLY recommend it. If you haven't booked, no problem if you're early - you can walk in. We had brunch at noon on a Saturday in April and were seated within 5 minutes. $36 per person for Brunch. Bananas Foster was started here - and it topped off a superb meal. You cannot come here and leave without trying the world famous bananas foster.

Favorite Dish: Eggs Hussarde - Poached eggs atop Holland rusks, Canadian bacon and Marchand de Vin sauce. Topped with Hollandaise sauce.

Bananas Foster - Bananas sautéed in butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and banana liqueur then flamed in rum. Served over vanilla ice cream. Simply unbelievable.

Brennans - unparalleled Quality Bananas Foster - unresistable Go on - choose the Bananas Foster

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Brennan's: Deciding is the hardest part

by PinkFloydActuary Written Jul 7, 2012

Brennan's is an interesting place in the middle of the French Quarter. We called ahead since we had a party of nine, and they were able to seat us with no problem on the 15 minutes notice.

The restaurant is built in what appears to be a former house, with dining area's scattered throughout the first floor. Our waiter team was very attentive, and could answer any question we threw at him, and was quite willing to offer suggestions when prompted. And suggestions were needed, because Brennan's has a huge menu. If you go with the four course meal, you have to make some tough decisions four times over.

First course is the soup - there are several selections, although they recommend the Turtle Soup (which of course, was an additional charge.) Next is salad, the easiest of the bunch. There's a fairly extensive set of offerings for the main course, and I had narrowed it down to Shrimp Creole or Shrimp Samantha. Our waiter suggested the Samantha so that I got to try the Cajun sausage. The sausage was good, but there were a few too many mushrooms in the mix for my liking.

Dessert wasn't much of a choice for me - although Brennan's claims they invented Banana's Foster, I'm not a banana fan, so I went with a delicious chocolate cake instead. Plenty of others at the table and around the room tried the Foster, so you can watch the show.

Overall, this was a good meal, though I walked away feeling it was a tad overpriced.

Foster away! Shrimp Samantha

• Caramia1500's Profile Photo

Brennan's: Don't Miss Brunch at Brennan's!

by Caramia1500 Written Dec 1, 2009

Brennan's is my "Must Go To" restaurant whenever I'm in New Orleans. Dinner is great, but brunch is so fantastically, mouth watering-ly delicious it is a definite "do not miss when in town." The service is impeccable, entertaining and the price fixed brunch menu is to die for. Turtle soup (yes, it is made from real snapping turtles) and bananas foster flambe...I am hungry just thinking about it. Ask for seating in Roy's section. He is a long-time Brennan's waiter and such a character...even the 80 year-old attendant in the ladies bathroom is excuse alone to go to Brennan's. She is simply adorable and full of unsolicited Creole advice, so please, please tip her. Love it. I always take my out of town guests there and it is fairly conveniently located in the French Quarter on Royal and Conti Streets. You'll never have food and service anywhere quite like at Brennan's in New Orleans!

Favorite Dish: Bananas Foster Flambe for dessert...soupy, warm Brandy sauce with carmelized bananas poured over melted vanilla ice cream...almost orgasmic.

• jne7299318's Profile Photo

Brennan's: Get a Great Breakfast Here!

by jne7299318 Updated Apr 14, 2007

i went for breakfast. Glad I did. First i had stawberries served in a bowl of fresh cream. The strawberries were a nice size and the cream was poured over them like you pour milk over cereal. While savoring the strawberries I had a Mimosa. I ordered a Mushroom Omelette. The omelette must have been made with four large eggs. It was loaded with mushrooms. There was a sauce on the omelette which was very good. To wash it all down, I had another Mimosa. By the time I sauntered out of the restuarant, my stomach was full and I was feeling no pain.

The waiter's were very attentive. The restaurant itself was elagantly appointed. I enjoyed my breakfast at Brennan's.

The price rating is for breakfast only.b%

Favorite Dish: The entire meal could be considered a favorite dish.

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Brennan's: Home of Bananas Foster!

by BigBlueOne Updated Mar 25, 2007

Brennan's is very upscale, with excellent food, ambience, and waitstaff.

Favorite Dish: I had the trio combo of a southern baked apple with double cream, eggs hussarde, and bananas foster. Each plate that was brought out was even better than the excellent one that preceded it.

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

Brennan's: Spectacular

by changeinlatitude Updated Mar 23, 2006

For our early anniversary dinner we went to Brennan's on our second evening. All I can say is it was AWESOME!!!! We had a little table for two in a corner and it was as if we had the place to ourselves. You can either do one of their five course meals, which is way too much food for me, or do the "ala cart" and pick your own, which is what we did.

The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated, the staff was wonderful and the food meal was one of the best I have ever had. Brennan's is definitely a must when you visit New Orleans. The restaurant is just a short walk from the Royal Orleans..

Favorite Dish: I had the filet, medium, with a house salad and baked potato. WONDERFUL!!!

They are also famous for the breakfast, which I will try the next time I am there.

Brennan's Restaurant Entrance

• doug48's Profile Photo

brennan's: historic restaurant.

by doug48 Updated May 24, 2009

brennan's was established in 1946 and is a new orleans dining institution. brennan's is known for seafood and steaks. one of the better restaurants in new orleans. reservations recommended.

brennan's

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Brennan's
4.5 out of 5 stars