Cafe Giovanni, New Orleans

117 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130 +1 504-529-2154

• jakelorenzo's Profile Photo

Cafe Giovanni: Chef Duke the Wild man

by jakelorenzo Written Apr 16, 2007

Chef Duke LoCicero is a wild man who can cook. Beautiful presentation and good food. A very inventive and creative menu that combines creole cooking with Italian tradition. Mussels are delicious, pastas are very good. Beware the portions are huge. It is always best to share dishes. Chef Duke also has opera singers performing in the restaurant for free on selected nights.

• Cafe Giovanni: Try the "Feed Me" menu

by JBAlcott Updated Oct 12, 2007

Chef Duke LoCicero is a wonderful host, and a talented chef. This is my favorite restaurant in New Orleans, and we go every year for our anniversary. The opera singers are great (it's not just opera they sing). The decor is very comfortable, and the food never ceases to impress me.

Favorite Dish: The best way to go is the Chef's Feed Me menu. It includes appetizer portions of the chef's signature dishes and current specials. I have discovered wonderful dishes that I might never have ordered off the menu (I am a creature of habit at restaurants, if I find a dish I like, I usually order it again). Come hungry, you won't leave that way. I suggest the option of having the staff match wines to each of your courses.

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Cafe Giovanni
4.0 out of 5 stars